Aspiring HEMS pilot 8)
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Helicopter Pilot Immigration

Postby Twistgrip » Fri Jan 18 2019, 15:40

https://youtu.be/BAomAwIwxm8

Touché Koala !

Having read that tripe wouldn’t it be an inviting cockpit environment you’d like to spend hours on end in?. Thinking your captain was referring to or considering you as a co pilot Carnt.

I know a dozen or more friends that fly a 744’s and A380’s one of them also drives an R22, humility is in their vocabulary.

You have to ask why somebody has to continually try to prove themselves publicly for recognition .
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Fri Jan 18 2019, 19:31

flyhuey wrote:I was not taking a dig at anyone, in particular, when I replied to the Original Post. Merely letting him know what/who he is up against.

Ok, my bad. There is some truth in what you say regarding chief pilots who don’t give more experienced people a go etc., however I don’t think it’s that common. Every reputable company I’ve dealt with has an experienced CP so that wouldn’t be an issue, convincing the government that a company needs to hire a foreign worker is the issue & with the influx of NZ pilots into Australia due to the TTMRA I think a South African would stand a better chance in Canada.
To the OP, since Ramaphosa started compulsorily acquiring farmland the Australian government has been sympathetic to SA farmers, if you’re from a farming family that might be a path to look at? Good luck.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
Mahley14

Postby Mahley14 » Wed Jul 17 2019, 09:11

You should be consulting an immigration lawyer for quick help. Well, I also got the help from the marvel immigration center and got all of the solutions to enter with the work visa. The staff is very nice and they have several years of experience.

Return to “Pilots Required”