Pilot Looking for first Job

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
SKGoodburn

Pilot Looking for first Job

Postby SKGoodburn » Sun Jul 15 2018, 05:17

Hey Guys,

Thought I would put myself on here as I am starting the hunt to try and land my first job.

I've started emailing out my resume and cover letter and plan on hitting the road in the next few weeks.

So far this is what I have.

CPL(H) Low Level Rating
Bell 47 - 22.5 Hrs
Robinson 22 - 87.7 Hrs
Robinson 44 - 2.6 Hrs

Any advice or tips would really be appreciated. Happy to offer my full resume and cover letter to anyone interested. Also willing to relocate anywhere and start immediately in any position my skills can be used.

:) :) :) :)
choppermech1986
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Pilot Looking for first Job

Postby choppermech1986 » Tue Jul 17 2018, 02:53

It might help if you list your other skills if you have any, (that is, you aren't fresh out of high school) IT, admin, carpentry, boilermaker, truck driver, electrician, anything that you can value add to the bare basic license. Just a suggestion.
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby ChicoCheco » Tue Jul 17 2018, 09:16

Was gonna say that. But seems like student loan youngster, not pay as go second career efforts. May not be so, but I am sure the OP would have upsold any other soft or hard skills besides basic CPL.

As much as I fancy bit of 47 time, been to both Airwork Caboolture and Air T&G in Ballina in person, I think smarter course of action would have been the 20hr block of the shorter CPL course done on 44 as highly likely first job machine. Then play with 47 a bit afterwards.

Once/when I get my CPL converted, I can list my Swedish body massage diploma/qualification as soft skill, haha. Or can be harder if requested.
mark90
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby mark90 » Wed Jul 18 2018, 07:20

Hey SK,

I've recently started the hunt for the infamous first job too, so I'm not going to be able to give too much advice, just a few things.

I've seen a lot of people appreciate first aid courses, HUET, also light/medium/heavy rigid vehicle licenses (These are easily aquired and only require 12 months road experience, 24 for heavy, in VIC anyway)

Other than this, maybe get a cracking recommendation letter from someone respectable you trained under, or know.

Otherwise, hitting the road with a stack of CV's in hand before the next season begins seams to be the best current bet.

Good luck, let us know how it goes! pop;

Mark.

Return to “Pilots Required”