• Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
• Bankstown or other Sydney base as required
CareFlight is an Australian not-for-profit aeromedical organisation. Our mission is to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
We operate from locations in NSW, northern WA and the Top End of the NT. Our specially trained doctors, nurses and paramedics use helicopters, aeroplanes, medi-jets and road ambulances to bring a hospital level of care to over 5,000 patients each year. We also deploy medical professionals to remote oil, gas & mining sites, both onshore and offshore.
Owing to continued expansion, we currently have opportunities for experienced captains to join our new fire-fighting operations. Operations are expected to commence by the end of July in readiness for the start of the bushfire danger period in October.
As a captain your key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• maintaining a high and consistent level of instrument and / or visual flight skills;
• resolving real or practice in-flight emergencies safely and efficiently;
• maintaining a sound knowledge of helicopter emergency procedures;
• maintaining a high standard of procedural and regulatory knowledge;
• being adequately prepared for all flights;
• effectively briefing crew members prior to flights or evolutions within flights and debriefing in accordance within with protocols;
• demonstrating a high standard of leadership in the conduct of flights;
• maintaining a high standard of radio communication procedures with ATC agencies;
• conscientiously carrying out secondary duties; and
• actively participating in ground training programs.
To be successful in this role you will have the following:
• 1,500 flying hours PIC rotary wing
• 300 flying hours PIC on twin engine rotary wing for BK117 applicants
• 100 flying hours on either BK117 or AS350 series
• 10 flying hours PIC night flying on helicopters
• CASA certification of Low Level H
• 50 flying hours for Fire or other emergency services operations
• The willingness and ability to deploy at short notice for extended periods
• Demonstrated experience working in small specialist teams
• An understanding of and competency with CRM, Risk Management and Safety Management Systems
• The ability and willingness to take on non-flying related secondary duties
• Sound competencies using software and systems including Word, Excel, and iPad flight planning applications
The following will also be highly regarded:
• 50 flying hours IFR
• 50 flying hours PIC night flying on helicopters
• Long line experience
• Winch experience
• Fire ground experience
• Aircraft and operational ratings and endorsements:
o Low Level H with Winch and Sling
o Aerial Application with Fire and Night
o BK117 Type rating and experience
o AS350B2 experience
o Instrument Rating; MEH, IAP 2D, IAP 3D (all aids including RNAV (GNSS)
o Night Vision Imaging System Rating; G1
o Flight Instructor Rating (detailed in position description)
o Flight Examiner Rating (detailed in position description)
• Significant NVG experience (highly regarded)
• Simulator instructional experience
• Current Fire and SAR experience
• Experience in remote area operations and campaign fires
• Current HUET certificate
• Current DG certificate
• CRM or Non-Technical Skills and Human Factors instruction experience
• Formal CRM or Non-Technical Skills and Human Factors qualifications
• Ground based fire-fighting knowledge or experience
• The ability to report to the base for duty/deployment within 60 minutes
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team please go to the CareFlight Job Board (https://careflight.org/careers/). Applications for this opportunity will close on Thursday 21 June 2018.
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required
by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing.
Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.
Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- New Member
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sep 2012
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests