Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Gold Coast Helitours
New Member
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 2018

Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby Gold Coast Helitours » Sat Jan 27 2018, 08:35

Gold Coast Helitours is one of Australia’s premier helicopter companies. Positioned at the Marina Mirage at Main Beach and operating a fleet consisting of AS350, B206L and R44 helicopters we are currently accepting applications for a highly motivated team member to join our company.

Applicants will need to have excellent personal presentation and customer service skills and be able to work well in a team environment. Successful applications will remunerated above the award and priority for selection on those who are committed for a long term, stable position on the Gold Coast.

The minimum qualifications;

700 Hour’s total time
400 Hours R44
Turbine endorsed (B206/L or AS350 preferred)
Nil Accident or Incident history
Current ASIC
Current DG
CASA CPL(H)
Current HFR (BFR)
Low level

Desirable qualifications are:

HUET
Sling
Experience with aerial photography and cinematography.
NVFR
Instructor rating
Professional industry references

Please apply in writing including a colour photo, height, age and weight to the Chief Pilot at scott@goldcoasthelitours DOT com DOT au
User avatar
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan
Posts: 1517
Joined: Nov 2005

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 28 2018, 00:05

This is the way to write an advert.

Include the location, what is on offer (inc “above award wages”) as well as what is required/desirable.

Hopefully the high quality advert will attract the high quality, long term applicant you are looking for.

sky “trying to be more positive” pig
User avatar
Hello Pilots
2nd Dan
2nd Dan
Posts: 396
Joined: Jul 2010

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby Hello Pilots » Sun Jan 28 2018, 01:42

"Hopefully the high quality advert will attract the high quality, long term applicant you are looking for" providing the applicant has the right qualifications when they include a "written letter including a colour photo, height, age and weight"
Do your homework on this one.
Great to see jobs advertised though pop;
User avatar
kiwisteve
Silver Wings
Silver Wings
Posts: 11
Joined: Aug 2010

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby kiwisteve » Sun Jan 28 2018, 04:31

Discriminate much?
User avatar
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan
Posts: 1517
Joined: Nov 2005

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 28 2018, 05:13

I know nothing about this, apart from the advert.
My comments were basically based on my thoughts that this advert was better than many I see on here:

Requirements: a million hours and a recent moon landing.
Remuneration: not mentioned.
Location: undisclosed. (AKA “if you are not prepared to work ‘anywhere’, you won’t like the proposed remuneration either.”)

Separate issue.
The political correctness.
I know we can’t discriminate anymore, but in the old world, I would have preferred to employ an R44 Pilot that fitted in the machine, and didn’t exceed the seat rating. Bonus points for not eating into the limited payload more than average. Facial tattoos/piercings and “novelty” ear lobes might not fit with the uniform. - ahh, living in the past again.... :roll:

sky “grumpy old man” pig.
User avatar
KOALA
Gold Wings
Gold Wings
Posts: 122
Joined: Dec 2015

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby KOALA » Sun Jan 28 2018, 05:34

skypig wrote:I know nothing about this, apart from the advert.
My comments were basically based on my thoughts that this advert was better than many I see on here:

Requirements: a million hours and a recent moon landing.
Remuneration: not mentioned.
Location: undisclosed. (AKA “if you are not prepared to work ‘anywhere’, you won’t like the proposed remuneration either.”)

Separate issue.
The political correctness.
I know we can’t discriminate anymore, but in the old world, I would have preferred to employ an R44 Pilot that fitted in the machine, and didn’t exceed the seat rating. Bonus points for not eating into the limited payload more than average. Facial tattoos/piercings and “novelty” ear lobes might not fit with the uniform. - ahh, living in the past again.... :roll:

sky “grumpy old man” pig.


Hahahahahaha thats gold mate. Well said lol pop; pop; pop;
A young, aspiring pilot 8)
Fill-level
Silver Wings
Silver Wings
Posts: 44
Joined: Dec 2017

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby Fill-level » Sun Jan 28 2018, 06:22

Why is it , when a credible job advert is posted, it gets the s#!t ripped out of it. ?

I just don't get it .
User avatar
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan
Posts: 1517
Joined: Nov 2005

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 28 2018, 06:42

Fill-level wrote:Why is it , when a credible job advert is posted, it gets the s#!t ripped out of it. ?

I just don't get it .


I was trying to be supportive.
Just of the ad....
User avatar
aaron
1st Dan
1st Dan
Posts: 201
Joined: Feb 2010

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby aaron » Sun Jan 28 2018, 07:23

Just a thought to the mods, that when someones advertising a position, that the advertiser can read the comments, and prior to them being viewed by everyone else, they can accept or decline if it's a good comment to go on to the thread.

Be a great spot to fly :)
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings
Posts: 119
Joined: May 2014

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby heli2o » Sun Jan 28 2018, 08:15

aaron wrote:Just a thought to the mods, that when someones advertising a position, that the advertiser can read the comments, and prior to them being viewed by everyone else, they can accept or decline if it's a good comment to go on to the thread.

Be a great spot to fly :)


Although comments like "do your homework on this one" can be a game changer for some. Full credit for having everything upfront in the ad, I'll probably be dusting of the CV for this one.
User avatar
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan
Posts: 1517
Joined: Nov 2005

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby skypig » Sun Jan 28 2018, 11:20

aaron wrote:Just a thought to the mods, that when someones advertising a position, that the advertiser can read the comments, and prior to them being viewed by everyone else, they can accept or decline if it's a good comment to go on to the thread.

Be a great spot to fly :)


Always 4 sides to every Aviation story.

1. Yours
2. Mine
3. The truth
4. The wild rumours that circulate through the industry

There have been some positions advertised on here that people needed serious warnings about.

Non specific sniping at every job ad posted is pretty “small”, and most can see that.

If someone gives a specific credible warning, or an offer of offline info, at least the applicants are fore warned, and can make their own mind up, on all available information.

Again, I know nothing of this particular position or operation.
Just liked the ad info. (Compared to many)

Caveat emptor
lowlevelhell
Silver Wings
Silver Wings
Posts: 57
Joined: Jan 2014

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby lowlevelhell » Mon Feb 5 2018, 14:51

Height and age? really, is that a factor in employment on top of every other box that needs ticking??...
No bucks? No Buck Rogers! 8)
Pitchpull
Silver Wings
Silver Wings
Posts: 22
Joined: May 2017

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby Pitchpull » Mon Feb 5 2018, 19:40

lowlevelhell wrote:Height and age? really, is that a factor in employment on top of every other box that needs ticking??...


They forgot to add in whether your gay, bi, transgender, race, religious denomination, male or female. Discrimination much....
lowlevelhell
Silver Wings
Silver Wings
Posts: 57
Joined: Jan 2014

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby lowlevelhell » Tue Feb 6 2018, 04:23

Pitchpull wrote:
lowlevelhell wrote:Height and age? really, is that a factor in employment on top of every other box that needs ticking??...


They forgot to add in whether your gay, bi, transgender, race, religious denomination, male or female. Discrimination much....


Correct, it's past the point of absurd now with all the "essential" and "desirable" pre-requisites, never seen anything like this when I flew O/S...
No bucks? No Buck Rogers! 8)
User avatar
Hello Pilots
2nd Dan
2nd Dan
Posts: 396
Joined: Jul 2010

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby Hello Pilots » Tue Feb 6 2018, 10:26

If you know or know of the CP then you’d know
Do your homework
lowlevelhell
Silver Wings
Silver Wings
Posts: 57
Joined: Jan 2014

Re: Pilot Position (Gold Coast)

Postby lowlevelhell » Sun Mar 4 2018, 13:40

Did this position ever get filled?
No bucks? No Buck Rogers! 8)

Return to “Pilots Required”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigglesbutler and 3 guests