New to Au, don't know where to start. Please Help.

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Huey586

New to Au, don't know where to start. Please Help.

Postby Huey586 » Wed May 10 2017, 11:44

Hi Guys,

I arrived here in NSW last year, I took a job that came first. Now I can say that I am stable but I wanted to fly again. I was a heli UH-1H PIC in the Philippines. I have enough time, experiences and skill. I also have CPL (H) issued in the Philippines. I don't know anyone here in NSW that can guide me in converting my Phil CPL in order for me to be able to fly here. I don't know where to start, I know that I should convert my license but I dont know where to start.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: New to Au, don't know where to start. Please Help.

Postby bigglesbutler » Wed May 10 2017, 12:54

Start with the CASA website there is a section specific to overseas conversions, it all in there. Www.casa.gov. au
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed May 10 2017, 17:00

Huey586 wrote:Hi Guys,

I arrived here in NSW last year, I took a job that came first. Now I can say that I am stable but I wanted to fly again. I was a heli UH-1H PIC in the Philippines. I have enough time, experiences and skill. I also have CPL (H) issued in the Philippines. I don't know anyone here in NSW that can guide me in converting my Phil CPL in order for me to be able to fly here. I don't know where to start, I know that I should convert my license but I dont know where to start.
Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Heliwest, Beckers and kestrel are very familiar in swapping over foreign licenses.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
bigglesbutler
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby bigglesbutler » Thu May 11 2017, 00:09

Oh and do a search on here and Google for more information info as lots of others have asked this question before.

Si
johnheli
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby johnheli » Sat May 13 2017, 03:21

Hi have a look at the Flight Crew licencing procedures manual link https://www.casa.gov.au/files/FCLManual get in contact with a flight school they should be able to help you.

JM
Rebuilder
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Rebuilder » Sat May 13 2017, 09:05

Was that u doing autos over my house in consolacion???
Welcome to oz. Plenty of pinoys here in perth but cant say ive met or heard of anyone knowing a filipino pilot yet.
My suggestion would be to simply walk in to the closest large scale chopper school and introduce yourself to the most salesy person u can find. And let them sell u a trial flight, then diring the flight mention ur history.
That is a foot in the door which will have the salesperson stumbling on his feet and twlling his boss all about it. That will make an impression.
You have one advantage over the rest of us, you are a filipino. Over here philipinos are considered quite kind natured and very approachable, an attribute the ceo of any charter company here would like to see.

Return to “Pilots Required”