Parks Senior Pilot

Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
Hello Pilots
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Parks Senior Pilot

Postby Hello Pilots » Thu Oct 6 2016, 08:33

BBwantok wrote:"To blame HR as a problem within the industry is pretty ignorant."

Really. From the other posts I would say it is a problem...

After almost 20 years in this industry, working under 5 different aviation authorities, and had the role of Chief Pilot, I think I have a reasonable grasp of what's going on.

I have hired pilots who did not meet minimums, yet had significant experience in the role, who would not have had a chance if being filtered by HR. I have also recommended a pilot for a role, where he was around 1000 hrs light for the job, yet his flying was certainly of a high enough standard for the role.
A good Chief Pilot has the ability to "read between the lines" of a CV, and that is usually based on significant experience in the industry.
A note to those sending a CV out, your references will have a large influence on whether you get the job, providing the CP is happy with the experience level.

Look forward to reading yours, if you ever plan on coming up this way (Highlands, PNG)... ;)

And when the pilot you hired that did not meet the required minimums crash.......I wonder where HR will be pointing their fingers. :D
Hope you have a good lawyer. But thats ok you had the ability to read between the lines.

Im not here to sling sh!t and very much understand where you are coming from, as I've said on previous threads, I've flown on many jobs with standard 1500-2000 hour minimums that could have easily been flown by a capable 500 hour driver.
Yes, all HR may see are numbers on a CV and yes, the CP would have a better understanding of said CV but if there is no communication between the two then thats perhaps where the issues start.
At the end of the day, in this politically correct era of lactose intolerance, minimums are minimums and people are paid not to think and told what to think, by some pencil pusher in an ivory tower in a busy CBD, thinking because they spent five years at university they know whats best for an experienced pilot living in a camp slinging drills around a bush or remote tundra.
chocolate
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby chocolate » Fri Oct 7 2016, 08:00

If you are near the minimums put in anyway. Sometimes there is no application that fully meets the criteria for a new govt job and they can then consider these near the criteria with work adjustments to keep everyone safe. Eg under supervision until meet the criteria or probation period or further training ..whatever.
Firefish
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Firefish » Wed Oct 12 2016, 03:59

So the OP puts up a job advert for a very cool job for the right person and every post since has been people sooking about HR departments. Dry your eyes princesses. Pathetic.

Return to “Pilots Required”