Helicopter Pilot – ME IFR, NVG HEMS and SAR Captain
• Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
• Permanent, full-time position
• Darwin based
CareFlight is an Australian not-for-profit aerormedical organisation. Our mission is to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
We operate from locations in NSW, northern WA and the Top End of the NT. Our specially trained doctors, nurses and paramedics use helicopters, aeroplanes, medi-jets and road ambulances to bring a hospital level of care to over 5,000 patients each year. We also deploy medical professionals to remote oil, gas & mining sites, both onshore and offshore.
We currently have an opportunity for a qualified AW139 captain at our Northern Operations. Based in Darwin the successful candidate’s roster pattern will align to operational requirements in accordance with the Enterprise Bargaining Agreement. The successful candidate will also be required to travel from time to time to support CareFlight Operations at other nominated locations and to attend training events.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be willing to reside in Darwin and meet the following Essential and Desirable criteria:
Essential Technical Skills
The following PIC minimums are set for operations by both day and night, and must be logged in the pilot’s personal flying log book:
• 2,500 flying hours rotary wing;
• 2,000 flying hours Pilot-in-Command (PIC) rotary wing;
• 1,500 flying hours PIC turbine engines;
• 500 flying hours PIC on twin engine rotary wing;
• 50 flying hours IFR;
• 50 flying hours PIC night flying on helicopters; and
• CASA certifications or evidence from CASA of recognition of the following aircraft and operational ratings and endorsements:
o instrument; MEH, IAP 2D, IAP 3D (all aids including RNAV (GNSS)
o Night Vision Imaging System; G1
o Low Level H; Winch
Essential Non-Technical Skills
• Demonstrated experience working in small specialist teams;
• Demonstrated understanding of and competency with CRM, Risk Management and Safety Management Systems;
• Demonstrated ability and willingness to take on non-flying related secondary duties; and
• Demonstrated competencies with computing systems such as Word, Excel, and iPad Flight Planning applications.
• Aircraft and operational ratings and endorsements:
o An AW139 Type rating and experience will be very highly valued, however candidates with other significant experience (such as NVG / HEMS / SAR / FIR or FER) may apply
o BH412, BK117 Type Ratings
o Flight Instructor Rating with:
* Type Rating Instructor (TRI) endorsement for AW139 or BK117
* NVIS training endorsement
* Instrument Rating training endorsement
o Flight Examiner Rating with:
* Type Rating Examiner (TRE) endorsement for AW139 or BK117
* NVIS Rating Flight Tests
* Instrument Rating Flight Tests;
• significant NVG experience is highly valued;
• simulator instructional experience;
• current EMS and SAR experience;
• experience in the Top End of Australia or equivalent tropical/arid/remote area operations;
• current HUET certificate;
• current DG certificate;
• CRM or Non-Technical Skills and Human Factors instruction experience;
• formal CRM or Non-Technical Skills and Human Factors qualifications; and
• experience as a Senior Base Pilot or similar and willingness to take on the responsibilities will be highly valued.
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team please go to the CareFlight Job Board (https://careflight.org/careers/). Applications for this opportunity will close on Sunday, 20 May 2018.
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing. Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.
Need a Pilot? Advertise here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- New Member
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Sep 2012
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests