New movement for #aviation New England by-election

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
up-into-the-air
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

New movement for #aviation New England by-election

Postby up-into-the-air » Sat Nov 4 2017, 21:27

New England by-election

Found this material today.

Barnaby Joyce has a worthy adversary who is putting aviation front and centre.

We should forget about politics in this and get behind the principle of what aviation needs and get it in front of as many Journo's that we can.

An opportunity for change and proper publicity

Ian Britza enters fray for by-election in New England

http://vocasupport.com/ian-britza-enters-fray-for-by-election-in-new-england/
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: New movement for #aviation New England by-election

Postby hand in pants » Sun Nov 5 2017, 00:33

Unfortunately he would be a lone voice in the wilderness. Without more backing, nothing will happen.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Sun Nov 5 2017, 10:06

With so little choice, I’d jump at the chance to vote for someone who shared a single concern with me. (And wasn’t obviously corrupt and/or “special needs”)

I'm voting in the QLD elections soon.
It’s difficult to choose who to put last.
It was easy before the current government snuck/forced through a change late at night that got rid of optional preferential voting. (Done with no announcement, let alone debate or consultation) I guess that is a good enough reason to put labour dead last. I’ll flip a coin on putting The Greens or any party with Tim “I know what’s best for you” Nichols leading it in second last.

Like many, starting at the bottom, One Nation are likely to be the least hated of a truely dreadful bunch. The “anyone but Hillary” phenomenon. Far from ideal.
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Mon Nov 6 2017, 02:54

skypig wrote:With so little choice, I’d jump at the chance to vote for someone who shared a single concern with me. (And wasn’t obviously corrupt and/or “special needs”)

I'm voting in the QLD elections soon.
It’s difficult to choose who to put last.
It was easy before the current government snuck/forced through a change late at night that got rid of optional preferential voting. (Done with no announcement, let alone debate or consultation) I guess that is a good enough reason to put labour dead last. I’ll flip a coin on putting The Greens or any party with Tim “I know what’s best for you” Nichols leading it in second last.

Like many, starting at the bottom, One Nation are likely to be the least hated of a truely dreadful bunch. The “anyone but Hillary” phenomenon. Far from ideal.

Isn't it just like politicians to make the process so confusing that they might hope to win by people making a mistake when voting. It's high time that the entire governmental system is overhauled.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Mon Nov 6 2017, 10:13

Personally I’d like to see an end to compulsory voting. That would be a good start to any overhaul.

Now, back to planning the menu for a catch up with a good friend... 8)
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Mon Nov 6 2017, 11:50

First past the post would eliminate the behind-the-scenes deals with the weirdo parties. And Anustasia Palabtfsplk has gotta go. Bring back Can-Do Campbell.
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Mon Nov 6 2017, 14:06

Globally there is no longer left and right, republic/democrat it is all just low life politicians promising the world to the demographic that believes they should have everything for doing nothing and they end up getting the % when it comes to the vote.

This case you’re talking about someone who will address aviation issues, any idea what about the rest of his policy outlines?

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Tue Nov 7 2017, 10:06

Good to see:

(First seen in local paper. Then google for the below cut/past)

ONE NATION WILL PROTECT LOCAL AIRPORTS IN QUEENSLAND
Many local airports around the state are under threat from the old political parties who are reducing their lease terms and allowing housing developments to encroach onto airport perimeters. One Nation will ensure local airports are given 99-year leases so they can seriously plan for the future.
The local airport is part of the community. People learn to fly planes there, and country kids can learn aviation trade skills. We need to protect the airports and ensure their long-term viability.
Labor and the LNP have ignored the regions for far too long. It’s time they were held accountable for their inaction and neglect.

http://www.onenation.com.au/candidates/qld/stevedickson
Gonsky
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Gonsky » Tue Nov 7 2017, 11:38

My point exactly...............

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/3776815 ... d-truants/

He has also declined to provide a benchmark figure his party aimed to reach.

As a single term treasurer under Campbell Newman, he slashed thousands of jobs from the public sector and proposed asset sales cuts.

He has insisted there would be no new taxes, asset sales or forced redundancies in the public sector, and says the LNP would find savings by not renewing unspecified programs, and cutting government advertising.

RRRiiiggghhhtttttt

Regards,
'Mankind has a perfect record in aviation - we have never left one up there!'

Return to “CASA”