Online Fatigue Management training course

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Online Fatigue Management training course

Postby Capt Hollywood » Thu Aug 6 2020, 13:48

Has anyone implemented, and had approved by CASA, an online training course for their fatigue management training requirement? Looking at a few options and just wondering if anyone has had success in the online realm vs in-house training.

Cheers.
coptathat
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Online Fatigue Management training course

Postby coptathat » Fri Aug 7 2020, 09:35

I've got a really good in house training course with a full answer suite I can sell you cheap!
Scud
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Scud » Sat Aug 8 2020, 05:40

I'd be keen to hear the outcome of that request Captain!
Airspace

Postby Airspace » Mon Aug 10 2020, 02:49

If there is demand for this and someone wants to work together to create a solution, I'd be keen to collaborate. I can provide the LMS & Online Platform plus assist with material.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon Aug 10 2020, 06:30

Isn't there an on-line course on the caa website, a point presentation you can alter to suit your own operation.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Mon Aug 10 2020, 12:24

Airspace wrote:If there is demand for this and someone wants to work together to create a solution, I'd be keen to collaborate. I can provide the LMS & Online Platform plus assist with material.

Most of the larger companies that already have FRMS in place have in house training and individuals in the pilot body are assigned to present courses to the mass pilot group on rotation and thus attending these in house courses meets the requirements of the training.

This of course comes at great cost to the companies it’s all part of doing business these days but I certainly appreciate smaller companies having to now get up to speed due Ca$a ... no cost to the industry they said.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Sat Aug 15 2020, 07:31

No luck with the online course unfortunately.

For those of you using the sample Ops Manual supplements available from CASA for the various CAO48.1 appendices (see link below), a word of warning, there are quite a few errors in them!

The content appears OK, but I'd say they've written the first sample document, then copied and pasted the content into the next sample document they were creating, then edited it to suit whatever appendix they were working on. Problem is they haven't gone through each subsequent document and changed the references which still refer to content in the original or previous document! Also, as there are cross-references and hyperlinks inside the sample documents that link to other sections of the document, they're now incorrect as the sections it is trying to link to are in a different areas compared to the previous document they copied the content from! So the hyperlink won't work in the document and the actual reference number is wrong too!

Obviously you are supposed to be reading/editing/tailoring the samples to suit your operation but I'm sure there are some out there just planning on using the 'Find & Replace' ability of Word to edit it.

https://www.casa.gov.au/safety-management/fatigue-management/fatigue-management-resources/sample-operations-manuals-appendices-1-6
Airspace

Postby Airspace » Mon Aug 17 2020, 00:45

Twistgrip wrote:
Airspace wrote:If there is demand for this and someone wants to work together to create a solution, I'd be keen to collaborate. I can provide the LMS & Online Platform plus assist with material.

Most of the larger companies that already have FRMS in place have in house training and individuals in the pilot body are assigned to present courses to the mass pilot group on rotation and thus attending these in house courses meets the requirements of the training.

This of course comes at great cost to the companies it’s all part of doing business these days but I certainly appreciate smaller companies having to now get up to speed due Ca$a ... no cost to the industry they said.

Thanks Twistgrip, sounds like an affordable online option would be cheaper for some organisations, worth looking into.

Return to “CASA”