CASA feed back ???

Got a gripe, suggestion or praise about our regulator? Do it here. Who knows, you might make a difference...
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: CASA feed back ???

Postby CYHeli » Mon Nov 9 2015, 10:24

I always wondered why the old salts thought that CASA was the enemy of the industry, but I understand.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Mon Nov 9 2015, 19:53

So true CALF and CYHeli, how many of us kicked up a stink when the changes arrived in a half arsed condition and as obviously unworkable as they are. And what did we get, I was told I was a dinosaur, that this was the way of the future, learn to live with it and old blokes in the industry just don't like change.

No, old blokes don't like change for change sake. I'm more than happy for change to happen, just not for the worse, not because some academic comes along and says I don't know if I'm tired or fit for duty or that I won't remember to do jobs I've done for 25 years if I don't do that job in the last six months. I don't like it when a lawyer comes along and says we need to come into line with ICAO regulations. We don't really, do we. All of the new regs have not done that. If it has, why will I need to do my licence over again if I want to work in Europe? If we were in line with icao, I could work anywhere in the world with the licence I have now. The same lawyer/academic rewrites and changes the regs so it is easier for him, not easier for those of us that have to understand them and put them into practice.

Go back to what it was and if it needs fixing, DO IT PROPERLY.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Mon Nov 9 2015, 22:31

Well said HIP. That is exactly the kind of thinking that SHOULD'VE been applied in the very beginning by CASA. Make it simpler and less confusing if it needs change, if not leave well alone.

Interestingly there is not a single 100% ICAO compliant state in the world. What does that tell you?

We need a vote of no confidence in the regulator and immediate intervention from the transport minister. All of the organsiations that claim to represent the industry need to be united and going VERY PUBLIC over this farce. Now is the time for action, no more talking and waiting for CASA to do the right thing. That train ain't coming!
County
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby County » Mon Nov 9 2015, 22:49

The old "Salts" as you call us CYHeli, is where all the industry experience lies. I feel like I am either 15 years to young or 30 years too old. Seeing where the industry regulator is trying to take us, I feel you either should be just starting or just finishing our career in the Helicopter industry.
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby CYHeli » Tue Nov 10 2015, 00:35

Hi County.
I did my CPL back in 1999 and heard the anti-CASA stories back then. I feel that CASA have only got worse, not better.
Now at 50 and working as a CP/CFI, I'm not sure if I will have 10 or 15 years left. But I'm on the board of the AHIA and trying to help where I can.
I agree with your comments about the old salts being where the experience is. One day I hope to be one of them, despite what CASA are doing to the industry.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
matthewwoods86

Postby matthewwoods86 » Fri Nov 10 2017, 07:09

CASA has responded to feedback from the aviation and general community about proposed changes to safety requirements for community service flights. You can also go through http://3dinsider.com/drone-safety-australia/ for more drone safety tips.

Return to “CASA”