2.6% wage increase under the Award

What's a job in helicopters pay? Does it pay? Why do you get paid more than me?
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

2.6% wage increase under the Award

Postby CYHeli » Thu Jun 27 2013, 09:08

Received a nice email from the AFAP.

Link to the new award, including the new rates.
http://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/modern_awards/award/MA000046/default.htm

Go to Schedule E helicopter Ops.

For those of you with an EBA, this from the AFAP;

Am I entitled to the 2013 Award wage and allowance increases if I am already covered by an existing EBA?
No, your entitlements under your EBA continue to operate until terminated or replaced with a new Enterprise Agreement. However, where these agreements contain wages that are lower than the new Award rates or conditions that are less than the NES such provisions are automatically overridden by the higher standard.

Employers must ensure that copies of the Award and the NES are available to all pilots either on a noticeboard conveniently located at or near the workplace or through electronic means, whichever is more accessible.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: 2.6% wage increase under the Award

Postby Heliduck » Thu Jun 27 2013, 09:43

I would like to highlight the following statement - "where these agreements contain wages that are lower than the new Award rates".

I there anyone on less than the award? I consider the award rates about 50% short of where they should be which makes it irrelevant in my opinion.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
Guy Incognito
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Guy Incognito » Thu Jun 27 2013, 09:52

Does anyone actually receive the award in regards to travel allowance?
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Thu Jun 27 2013, 20:48

Funny thing about our award, you're probably being paid either well above it or well below it. Either way, I don't know too many pilots who pay much attention to it!

Return to “Pay”