CHC EBA Post Vote Negotiations

eba
Have YOUR say

Re: CHC EBA Post Vote Negotiations

Postby eba » Wed Aug 6 2008, 10:28

It's great to see all the senior offshore pilots supporting each other and getting together because you are 3% below what you want.

Are you also supporting the onshore guys that are 8% below your base wage?

I want to know what happens if the company fixes your increments - will you help put your weight behind your onshore bretheren or leave them to fend for themselves? I am behind your cause please help support ours.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Aug 7 2008, 03:51

1. Take away 2 weeks paid leave and the difference between EMS/offshore is reduced by about 3.5%

2. Reduce the difference further by the EMS allowance (it also being increased)

3. Reduce the difference further by the loss for senior pilot offshore increments.

4. There is a big difference between captains and FO's offshore allowance (I believe correct - based on experience). Average out the offshore allowance (for example) and reduce the difference between EMS/Offshore further still.

Now that difference does not seem as big does it? I believe the difference is way overstated (above).
You ask if offshore will support onshore if the increments are sorted. Don't forget, it was us at EMS that voted through the last EBA when we had the advantage. Offshore bit the bullet.

There is the threat that the group could be split into separate EBA groups. The company has made it's final offer. What would their next step be? I guess the offer would remain the same but we could be as separate EBA's ? Not desireable?
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Aug 7 2008, 06:47

So I guess that's a no.

I don't agree with what the above has said. SAR have got nothing, along with some of the EMS bases not on WP2. Why shouldn't they go it alone?

Not all EMS bases get EMS allowance, it is a work practice allowance, similar to your lesser annual leave (as opposed to the buckets of field leave you get).

As for the company having put forward its best offer - are you really that gullable? Ever been to the car yard when the salesman has to run off to the manager to see if he can do it for better despite giving you his final offer. The company can't survive without pilots and I don't want to work for what is offered. So what will happen?

I am beginning to not even care!! Oc:=
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Aug 7 2008, 08:21

I am an EMS captain and I am very happy with what is on the table.
I love the job, the place that i live and i get paid very well for it.
I will be voting Yes.
It would be nice to here from some more Yes voters, as it does seem
to be the No voters doing all the posting.
I hear we will be voting next week.
I'm thinking it may be alot closer than the last one.
Happy Days to all. :)
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Aug 7 2008, 09:44

I'm voting yes and I can't wait for this to be over!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri Aug 8 2008, 02:53

I was probably misunderstood (I'm the '4-pointer' above). Although far from ideal, on the whole I think the offer is okay. I'm voting ay.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri Aug 8 2008, 07:44

I am also happy with the deal.

Although I am not happy to split the groups it seems there is no alternative as other offshore companies are paying more.

I will be voting yes also.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon Aug 11 2008, 02:01

I'm glad the company is splitting the pilot group with this EBA. To imply we were ever anything but separate groups is ridiculous. It is very clear where the company wants to go in the future with operations and onshore is definitely on the way out in my opinion. The sooner the company gets out of this type of work the better. Much higher risk for much less reward, besides the damage it has on our reputation. The Sydney contract is an ongoing carnival of errors and wasted money/ resources. Let someone do this work who is intersted in being good at it and hopefully they will pay their people a decent wage.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon Aug 11 2008, 03:01

The Sydney contract is an ongoing carnival of errors and wasted money/ resources. Let someone do this work who is intersted in being good at it and hopefully they will pay their people a decent wage.

I work on the ASNSW contract. Your post is out of line. I don't pretend to know how much money CHC is making or losing on this contract, and I'd be surprised if you knew. You suggest that we're not good at EMS, I'm not sure what you base this on. I know that we're head and shoulders above any other company in this sector and aside from the inevitable resentment held by individuals who personally lost out when CHC was awarded this contract, CHC's efforts and results to date have been widely lauded by everyone who knows the real story.

You might think that smaller profit margins onshore are dragging down your wage, but what about the long-term security of 5+ year contracts. Onshore contracts have kept this company on its feet in times of crisis before. If you think the company can survive the vicissitudes of the oil and gas industry without the support of onshore, you must have a short memory.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon Aug 11 2008, 05:12

May I suggest the most profitable contract we have, and the one thats been the backbone of Lloyds/CHC (Australia) for more than 15 years is the RAAF ONSHORE Contract.
Besides, helidecks are for beauty queens.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri Aug 15 2008, 06:55

129 million over 10 years and a very high % of that is profit given that they own the aircraft, get subsidised fuel and don't have to pay for the facilities. Yeh, let's decide pay on how much your contract is worth! I thought this was a collective agreement and we were all after the same thing. Let's stick to a collective agreement and 30% for all pilots. Seems to me that if we stick together we could achieve that.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri Aug 15 2008, 07:02

Anyone heard when we are likely to see an agreement to vote on?
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri Aug 15 2008, 08:22

“The greatest remedy for anger is delay.”
Roman philosopher, mid-1st century AD
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat Aug 16 2008, 07:53

They will have to delay for a long time to let my anger settle.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon Aug 18 2008, 22:55

Watched 4 corners last night, quite interesting story on the malaise thats is Port Healand, the most interesting fact however was that a FIFO worker with high school education gets payed $120,000.00 pa for laying bitumen roads. Dont accept the companys offer it is pathetic
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon Aug 18 2008, 23:14

WTF is going on with this vote?
Is there something going on in the background we're not aware of?
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sun Aug 24 2008, 11:24

I don't think the Pilot reps even bother reading this site anymore, so we are probably not be getting an answer from here. You will need to speak with them directly.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Aug 28 2008, 00:26

From yesterdays Base Managers meeting, apparently there will be something to vote on next week!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Sep 11 2008, 00:43

Starting to get a little bit pi$$ed off now. Nothing from Management or Reps, just a note (two weeks ago) saying something very soon. I feel a work to rule coming on very very very very soon.

Answers on a post card please.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu Sep 11 2008, 05:11

Me too.

Return to “EBA Discussion”