Current CHC EBA Proposal 11/02/08 Update 4

eba
Have YOUR say

Re: Current CHC EBA Proposal 11/02/08 Update 4

Postby eba » Sun May 18 2008, 09:56

Its true and has been for some time, Im just putting my claim in, company refunds up to $2200 per year for membership/loss of licence.

Not sure if our new agreement is on "wagenet" yet...if not it wont be long.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon May 19 2008, 06:15

The way I read it is that Bristows will reimburse costs up to $2000 to obtain Loss of Licence insurance. Being a member of the AFAP is a requirement to obtain the LOL with them so I guess you could claim some of your AFAP membership fees. Not sure if they pay it though. Perhaps our previous Blogger could answer that. With the LOL insurance running up around the $2k mark you are not going to get much back from your AFAP dues anyway.

They do pay $2200 direct to the insurer for LOL where CHC only reimburse us $2k. It needs to be increased.

I'm sure everyone out there has some insurances be it car, house, contents, life etc. When you look at spending $1000 ish (which is tax deductable) to have some support should all turn to worms at work it is cheap insurance. Don't think it can't happen to you. Ask some of the more senior pilots if they know of anyone who has needed AFAP help (and if they weren't a member - where are they now!).
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon May 19 2008, 10:32

We pay, they refund, upto $2200.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Wed May 21 2008, 03:39

Captains are worth significantly more than 150% of an FOs salary.

it also costs the same to live be you a 20 year capt or a 1 year f/o.

- flawed logic. You could also argue that a proctologist's living expenses are the same as his pool cleaner. A professional should be paid commensurate with her experience and accepted responsibility.

:arrow: I support a big increase to C-IR allowance.
:arrow: I support a new allowance for pilots flying 2 or more types.
:arrow: I support a bigger split between Captain and FO.
:arrow: I support an increase to C&T allowance.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 23 2008, 01:09

Thanks to the reps for representing us at the meeting yesterday. My comments to the company will gladly come in the form of industrial action, just tell me where, when and what form it is taking. With things as tight as they are just "working to rule" should almost be enough to send a loud message.

Now is the time to show our resolve, and if you are not a member of the union I would consider it as a sound investment over the next few weeks.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 23 2008, 03:15

In light of the last negotiations between the company and the pilot reps and the companies refusal to negotiate any further pay rise above 25% I feel it is now time for the pilot group as a whole to stand united together or accept the current company offer and move on. By standing united I mean not doing casual days or 16 day plus tours, in particular the Truscott pilots and the Darwin based pilots. (this in by no means a reflection upon the Truscott or Darwin based pilots but at the end of the day they are in a very powerful position) These simple but very effective legitimate measures will have a dramatic effect upon the way the company operates under the current rostering system and will draw a very rapid return to the negotiation table.

Return to “EBA Discussion”