Current CHC EBA Proposal 11/02/08 Update 4

eba
Have YOUR say

Re: Current CHC EBA Proposal 11/02/08 Update 4

Postby eba » Thu May 1 2008, 05:14

18 people said yes at the vote, What the?
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 2 2008, 06:06

Does anyone know if the casual day rate is to be discussed now the EBA has been voted down.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 2 2008, 08:46

I think it should be. The amount of times the roster is changed and I have to change my plans (can't plan at all) to cover it is not worth what they pay.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 2 2008, 22:55

I guess now we need to go back through what we all want and would vote yes to. So, my two cents (again)... 15% EMS allowance, 30% pay increase, staffing levels to allow for leave to actually be taken, competetive rates of casual pay, pay levels to extend out beyond 18 years an assurance that rosters will be unchanged (as much as possible) so that we can plan a life more than one week in advance. And what I think is needed for the rest of the group is a VIABLE fix for Truscott, 15/13 being just that and an equal rise for captains and FOs.

Lets start a list guys so that the reps can get on with getting a solution for us all...
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 2 2008, 23:52

You've got my vote. The casual day rate is, and always has been, way too low. I've argued in the past, and I've been around quite a while, that the casual rate should be a calculation based on your base rate. $552 / day? Hell, VFR fire bombers were getting $900/ day casual.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat May 3 2008, 01:18

It’s now time to stand together and be counted.

The Pilot group has overwhelmingly voted NO to the proposed CA and we are now planning our actions to achieve the required result for our new CA WITH OUT further delay.

With over 80% of pilots voting no we should now have at least 80% of pilots AFAP members. Those that are not members and wish to support a better out come for the CA you must be AFAP members or you WILL NOT be able to participate in either the decision, or take part in any industrial action. This is simply the Industrial law at this time.

The main points that the majority of pilots have indicated are higher wage increases, Truscott living conditions, with casual pay rates and EMS WP2 allowance also important with many pilots. Yes there are many other issues from different pilots.

For those who are not AFAP members you have the next week to become one or not be apart of the solution. For current AFAP members please spread the word and speak with your fellow pilot non members about the many benefits of being a part of our pilot organisation and supporting our own pilot group.

Thanks to all for your great support we are in our best position ever.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat May 3 2008, 02:35

For my 2 cents worth, Min 30% over three years, preferably 15/ 10/ 5%, A significant increase to the daily casual rate, Sydney allowance to be included in the CA (It exists but was not included that I saw) WP6 overtime payment should include the first hour (meal allowance is an insult). Issues for other streams, solution for Truscott (seems company has been slack for far too long), equal increase for Capt's and F/O's.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat May 3 2008, 06:05

After looking at all the posts above it seems that the survey being proposed by one of our pro active pilot group (good on you) woulkd be a good idea.. The pilot reps are not in favour of re opening other issues but it sees that there are alot of issues that have not been addressed for whatever reason.

Remember the reps represent us and so we need to let them know that these(some new) issues need to be raised or the survey should be done in some form prior to going to the company.

We cannot accept that so many people me included think the casual rate is too low and not have it re opened in the new discussions.
Please if you are serious call one of your reps and let them know your feelings on the above issues.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat May 3 2008, 09:00

along with the other points, the mileage allowance for driving own car is sadly below par!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Sat May 3 2008, 11:06

Ideally one would want all pilots to be members of the AFAP. There are however, pilots who might have reasons for not joining. Do not despair! We can still make things work. If the pilot group chose to take action, members can still be supported by the non-members, provided we stick together as a group, and the non-members comply absolutely to 'work-to-rule' disciplines. I believe you would certainly still have the desired effect. The moment legal union action started, there would obviously be a huge demand on the non-members and provided they 'work-to-rule' i.e. NO sixteenth day, NO casual day, NO helping out as many do etc.. It would be almost as effective as if every single person downed tools! Just because everyone is not a member does not mean our hands are tied. Lets continue to keep the group together. Make sure all your mates know about this forum.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Tue May 6 2008, 02:50

Same across board increase for all pilots (First Officers, Senior First Officers and Captains.
We are a long way from the increases in cost of living so the increases should be 15% in the first year, and a minium of 30% over all, more would be better.
And the Truscott base living standars have to be fixed, I am not a offshore pilot, but it is important for all of us.
Because if they get away with providing sub standard accomodation at Truscott, they will slowly do it everywhere.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Tue May 6 2008, 07:26

Have received AFAP memo on 06 May and responded to Reps and AFAP. From my viewpoint and I respect all others, I would vote yes to Salary - 20% + CPI, 5% + CPI and 5% + CPI. Allowances for casual days up by 20%,5%,5%. Seniority up to 30 years. Overseas travel to simulator training a minimum of Premium Economy class. Fix Truscott now!! and all future offshore and onshore bases to acceptable standard.
Please respond to the Reps and AFAP as soon as possible with your views so the negotiations may proceed quickly.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Tue May 6 2008, 08:01

regarding FLC , the current rate for an E and I guy is $787 / day . Work that one out , that's 1.5 times what a Captain makes .
The Engineers only have to look at the hanger and they receive some sought of penalty rate . l fly in the morning and hold night stand by at night for nothing .
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Wed May 7 2008, 08:04

Having a forum to discuss issues is great. Having a forum that people use to tell others what to do is a big step backwards.
I was very much opposed to the pre vote posts telling people to vote no. Give people information to make their own decision, don't tell them what to do.
Now we get the fine print. If I am to read the above posts it would seem that a no vote equals compulsory union membership.
Maybe previous posts telling us to vote no should have informed us that a no vote would take 1% of our pre tax wage away from our families.
Telling people what to do and how to think is the best way to get people off side.
Keep telling people they "Have to" join the union and I will resign my own membership.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 8 2008, 09:53

A forgotten issue? An email was sent to the reps and all pilots regarding offshore pilots losing two weeks of their field leave to annual leave i.e. offshore pilots actually only get four weeks annual leave. If you would like this issue to be negociated, please send the reps an email showing your support. As an offshore pilot, you are losing two weeks of your FLC - why wouldn't you want to have this sorted out??!!! Send an email dammit! For the other pilots, you may be in this position one day - your support is needed and appreciated.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 8 2008, 11:30

eba wrote:Ideally one would want all pilots to be members of the AFAP. There are however, pilots who might have reasons for not joining. Do not despair! We can still make things work. If the pilot group chose to take action, members can still be supported by the non-members, provided we stick together as a group, and the non-members comply absolutely to 'work-to-rule' disciplines. I believe you would certainly still have the desired effect. The moment legal union action started, there would obviously be a huge demand on the non-members and provided they 'work-to-rule' i.e. NO sixteenth day, NO casual day, NO helping out as many do etc.. It would be almost as effective as if every single person downed tools! Just because everyone is not a member does not mean our hands are tied. Lets continue to keep the group together. Make sure all your mates know about this forum.

I am not sure what planet you have been on! I am sure that if non members work to rule as a form of approved industrial action, then they can kiss their arse goodbey. :?
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 8 2008, 11:42

eba wrote:
eba wrote:Ideally one would want all pilots to be members of the AFAP. There are however, pilots who might have reasons for not joining. Do not despair! We can still make things work. If the pilot group chose to take action, members can still be supported by the non-members, provided we stick together as a group, and the non-members comply absolutely to 'work-to-rule' disciplines. I believe you would certainly still have the desired effect. The moment legal union action started, there would obviously be a huge demand on the non-members and provided they 'work-to-rule' i.e. NO sixteenth day, NO casual day, NO helping out as many do etc.. It would be almost as effective as if every single person downed tools! Just because everyone is not a member does not mean our hands are tied. Lets continue to keep the group together. Make sure all your mates know about this forum.

I am not sure what planet you have been on! I am sure that if non members work to rule as a form of approved industrial action, then they can kiss their arse goodbey. :?

(With over 80% of pilots voting no we should now have at least 80% of pilots AFAP members. Those that are not members and wish to support a better out come for the CA you must be AFAP members or you WILL NOT be able to participate in either the decision, or take part in any industrial action. This is simply the Industrial law at this time.
For those who are not AFAP members you have the next week to become one or not be apart of the solution. For current AFAP members please spread the word and speak with your fellow pilot non members about the many benefits of being a part of our pilot organisation and supporting our own pilot group.)
Thats one of the reasons I won't join. Union bullies.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 8 2008, 11:55

There are already pilots who refuse to do 16/12 and do not do casuals. Thay haven't kissed their arses goodbye????
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Thu May 8 2008, 23:44

It is good to see those who are already maintaining a life style however those who aren't need to randomly change if they are not members. If not they shall fall victim to the lib's legislation which took that liberty away!
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri May 9 2008, 03:47

How does one change "randomly"?

Return to “EBA Discussion”