Great Mentors

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
HeliNewsMag

Great Mentors

Postby HeliNewsMag » Fri Feb 7 2014, 05:52

Hi Bladeslappers,

You may or may not be aware that after the tragic death of popular Melbourne pilot Russell Aitken in July, 2012 as publisher of HeliNews magazine I have dedicated an award in Russell's name. The 'Rusty' Award will be presented on an annual basis in recognition of the wonderful aviation mentors that are at the very backbone of this industry. The inaugural award was presented to Russell posthumously last year.

We will soon be making an announcement of whom the 2013 (presented in 2014) recipient will be and this is your last opportunity to nominate YOUR mentor. This can be done easily by emailing your nomination with brief reasons why to this email address: rustyaward@niche.com.au. Look for the announcement of the 2013 Rusty Award recipient in our Winter issue.

I could not thank Rusty enough for his help during my early years as a pilot and I'm sure you've all had a similar influence in your career so please take the time to nominate your mentor and give something back.

Don't delay make your nomination today.

With regard to HeliNews, I am pleased to say that the magazine is doing better than any time in its history in what have been the toughest times in the publishing industry.

Thank you for your support.

Here's to many successful years in the future.

Regards,

Nick Dower
Quick Release
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Great Mentors

Postby Quick Release » Sat Feb 8 2014, 12:04

Good onya Nick.
Hope your keeping well mate.

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”