Feet

Looking for somewhere to post an unusual question? Got something that doesn't fit anywhere else? Do it here...
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Feet

Postby helothere » Wed Jun 18 2008, 05:58

I know this is a little morbid and has nothing to do with Helicopters but something here appeals to my sense of humour...

Five human feet that washed ashore on Canada's south-west coast have become an international science puzzle, and have sparked intense speculation about whether murder or a tragedy is the cause.

...Ms Linteau said the force's major crime unit was coordinating the investigation with local police.

"We're looking at all possibilities ... and that includes that they could have been connected," she said.
Islandheli
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Feet

Postby Islandheli » Wed Jun 18 2008, 06:04

A couple of months ago, we had a shoe wash up at the end of the airport.
Connected to the shoe was this poor chaps foot, no flesh just bones!
Crusty
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Crusty » Wed Jun 18 2008, 07:06

Hmmmm, 5 feet Hmmmmm "Connected" EY, Wonder if they were twins from Tassie.
hummingbyrd
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby hummingbyrd » Sun Jul 20 2008, 01:08

I hate to admit it but my perverse sense of indecency is intrigued..any updates helothere?

Twins from Tassie would still only have 4 feet wouldn't they?
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Sun Jul 20 2008, 02:19

Canadian police announced Thursday that two of the five human feet that have washed up along British Columbia waterways belong to the same man. The two feet, the third and fifth to be found, washed up in different locations more than four months apart.

...Two of the remaining feet are reported to belong to men, while one, discovered in a size 7 New Balance running shoe, is said to be from a woman. All three are right feet that show no apparent signs of tool marks or trauma, which may indicate they were not deliberately separated from bodies.

So it would appear that at least some of the feet were in fact connected at some stage but they were accidentally removed...
hummingbyrd
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby hummingbyrd » Sun Jul 20 2008, 03:04

quote]...Two of the remaining feet are reported to belong to men, while one, discovered in a size 7 New Balance running shoe, is said to be from a woman. All three are right feet that show no apparent signs of tool marks or trauma, which may indicate they were not deliberately separated from bodies.[/quote]

I SO love this story! :lol:

Good, so they were once connected - just not to each other (that saves the twins then)!
If they weren't deliberately separated, then by definition it must've been 'accidental'. How, where and why do feet 'accidentally' disconnect with their respective legs?
And only right feet..mmm...left feet still dancing badly somewhere?
:lol: :D :lol:
Helo-dude

Postby Helo-dude » Sun Jul 20 2008, 03:39

Maybe sharks don't like the taste of feet? But I'm going to geuss that it was probably pirates or something.
Heliduck
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Heliduck » Sun Jul 20 2008, 05:41

They're working on the theory that a number of bodies are submerged somewhere near the island, & as they decompose the bouyancy of the running shoes cause the feet to detach & float to the surface. A sunken boat or plane has been mentioned but I would have thought someone would have known if that had happened. Certainly has an air of the mafia about it! Never had this problem when they used concrete boots.
"Plan twice...Fly once"
nzl75
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby nzl75 » Sun Jul 20 2008, 05:46

The last foot reported found in June was later found to be a hoax.
Master Cylinder
200th Member!
200th Member!

Postby Master Cylinder » Sun Jul 20 2008, 07:30

Ya know, I didn't really give this much time at first, but the more I read the crazier it gets...this quote from the original post...

"We're looking at all possibilities ... and that includes that they could have been connected," she said.

Connected to legs? Connected to a black market foot transplant ring? Connected to each other...some new form of life with five feet?

Then this one later on

...which may indicate they were not deliberately separated from bodies.

Then this pearl (beauty, fella!)
If they weren't deliberately separated, then by definition it must've been 'accidental'. How, where and why do feet 'accidentally' disconnect with their respective legs?
Excellent question...wonder if the coppers have gotter this far in their investigation?

The last foot reported found in June was later found to be a hoax.

It turned out to be a hand...ba dum dum...thank you folks, I'm here all week...try the veal

MC
To fly is human, to hover...divine!
phot
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby phot » Mon Jul 21 2008, 00:29

What's a foot or two between friends?

12 inches I think!

MC, are you just trying to get a "head" of this topic? Or were you just adding a "foot" note?

I best go now.....
Izzy Fullashat
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Izzy Fullashat » Mon Jul 21 2008, 01:20

[

quote]while one, discovered in a size 7 New Balance running shoe, is said to be from a woman[/quote]

Im no Sherlock Holmes, but surely it cant be that hard for the Canadian Police.
It would seem to me all they have to do is walk along not run but just walk along the waterways of British Columbia and look for a female wearing 1 left new balance running shoe SIZE 7 going in clockwise direction on right stump.

How many joggers in British Columbia can there be running in a CIRCLE for goodness sake.

HONESTLY Im NO DETECTIVE

Izzy (Maybe I still am)
OHH!!! CRAP I still cant come up with a catchy saying!!!!!!!
hummingbyrd
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby hummingbyrd » Wed Jul 23 2008, 10:44

They're all a bit footloose....and fancy-free?.....
Crusty
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Crusty » Wed Jul 23 2008, 12:12

Sheeeit what a pissa.
I havn't caught up with this thread since it started..LOL LOL :D
But I still have not quite discounted the Tassie twins theory Hummingbird.
droptmcguts
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby droptmcguts » Wed Jul 23 2008, 23:13

Kinda reminds me of the Young Italian woman on her wedding night!

The groom had not told his bride he had an artificial leg! anyway on the wedding night, both getting ready for bed, the groom removes his leg!! :shock:

The bride goes running from the room to her mothers room, staying in the parents house, and Yells Mama Mama !! he's only got one foota!!!! done with italian accent.

Mama says!!!

Stand back this sounds like a job for Mama..... :D :lol:

O.k Im Leaving.....
Men have only 2 emotional states, hungry and horny.. So ladies, if you see me without an erection, make me a sandwich.

Return to “The Pilots Lounge”