Murray Wilkinson

General discussion from the very important bit between the carpark and the flight line.
dusty dog

Murray Wilkinson

Postby dusty dog » Fri Jan 4 2013, 21:45

Hi there. On New Years day, Murray was stabbed in an altercation at a beach in NZ, and as a result, Murray has passed away. Murray was one of good guys and was a great person to work with. Excellent engineer. Very sad. My condolences to Louise and his family. :cry:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/frie ... 6547373258

Regards
dusty dog
Pilot engineer

Re: Murray Wilkinson

Postby Pilot engineer » Sun Jan 6 2013, 21:47

I was shocked to see this on the news recently. I worked with Murray at Pacific Helicopters in the late '80's and early '90's. Both of us were engineers who also did some flying for the company. Great guy.
Tony Carmody
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Tony Carmody » Mon Jan 7 2013, 00:53

RIP old mate

Tc

Does anyone know of any funeral arrangements as would like to show my respect for this good guy.
nana yabiznus
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby nana yabiznus » Wed Jan 9 2013, 06:37

Arrest over death of Aust resident in NZ
7:05am January 9, 2013

An 18-year-old man has been charged with murder over the New Year's Day stabbing of an Australian resident in New Zealand.

The teenager was arrested on Tuesday afternoon and will appear in Hamilton District Court on Wednesday charged with the murder of 64-year-old Murray Wilkinson, police say.

Mr Wilkinson, an expatriate New Zealander living in Queensland, died in Waikato Hospital two days after he was stabbed while investigating a disturbance outside the caravan he and his wife were staying in at Waihi Beach.

Detective Inspector Chris Page says building the investigation to the point where an arrest could be made is reflective of the significant support received from the public.

"One of most significant things to result from this arrest so far was the opportunity to inform Mr Wilkinson's family that an arrest has been made," he said.

Police said on Tuesday there were a number of drunk teenagers in the area at the time of the stabbing and they were going through hundreds of photos supplied by the public following the attack.

Det Page said there were several incidents of assaults and disorder in the area on the night and several knives had been handed to police.

Hopefully this news might bring some comfort to those who knew this gentleman.

Nana
" Opinions are like arseholes, everybody has one, so we don't have to share them"
dusty dog

Postby dusty dog » Fri Jan 18 2013, 22:45

I rec'd this yesterday from Murrays wife Lu

Thank you all for your wishes to Dan, Cory and myself.
Memorial service details:

DATE: SATURDAY, 2 FEBRUARY 2013

TIME: 1.00 PM - 3 PM

AT: KENMORE TAVERN, MOGGILL ROAD, KENMORE, BRISBANE

PLEASE NO FLOWERS.

Regards DD

Return to “From the Hangar Floor”