New blades for 47's?

General discussion from the very important bit between the carpark and the flight line.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

New blades for 47's?

Postby black duck » Mon Oct 19 2009, 19:42

I came across a posting on the bell 47 ha web site from a company in the states called flight sciences, they were talking about producing on condition rotor blades ( 2000 hrs to begin with) for 47's at a cost of $50-$60K US a set, with production estimated to begin mid next year. Sounds too good to be true! with Bells prices and the trouble in the past with bogus parts it would be a god send if they could pull it off. I was wondering if anyone has heard or knows anything of them, I tried there email and couldn't get a reaction.
On another note Delta Diesels are looking at a V8 300-400hp for mid next year, apparently their flight testing the 180hp V4 in a helicopter now. I've been trying to find out how thats going, without much success either. A good concept, after all ze, Germans did it with the Junkers Jumo 60 years ago! looking at it, a 2 stroke Diesel would be ideal for a light helicopter. Down side is the 2000 hr life on the caseing. Anyway I'd be intersted to see what your thoughts are.
I'd better go do some work, I'm spending far too much time on this web site!
here's a thought, why is it that banks are so shirty about people buying helicopters when they own so many? competition???
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
stixtime
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: New blades for 47's?

Postby stixtime » Tue Oct 20 2009, 08:24

Delta Helicopters in Queensland are building a 2 seat helicopter with the deltahawk engine and composite blades.

The website is http://www.deltahelicopters.com.au/
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Tue Oct 20 2009, 22:35

I saw an article about that in the May issue of Aus flying, is it in the air yet?
bd
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
stixtime
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby stixtime » Wed Oct 21 2009, 02:48

flight testing to begin now/very soon. can't get much info off their website.

Return to “From the Hangar Floor”