Helimuster Reunion 2016

General discussion from the very important bit between the carpark and the flight line.
overtemp927
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Helimuster Reunion 2016

Postby overtemp927 » Mon Jan 25 2016, 21:54

Hi Slappers,

There is an opportunity to finally get the Helimuster Reunion happening. RotorTech 2016 28th May as the proposed date and venue, depending on participation.

We are after numbers that would attend, pilots, engineers, admins, cooks, station hands, and any others that have been associated with the HM group over the many years.

Name, where and when, photos and stories are requested.

details shared via

https://www.facebook.com/heli.muster?fref=nf

Yippy :cool_dc:
AHIA
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: Helimuster Reunion 2016

Postby AHIA » Wed Mar 30 2016, 02:54

Yippy,

What wonderful news.

If you wish I can ask the resort to include you in the discounted accommodation offerings; and we have other local accommodation places with discounts for us.

For those driving in by helicopter the airport management has offered no fees for you guys. Or maybe park at the resort.

Just let us know how we can help!

AHIA - robsrich@bigpond.com Or 04 one five 6 4 one seven seven four.
County
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby County » Wed Mar 30 2016, 05:39

Not sure why HM reunion would be scheduled at the same time as RotorTech ??
Rotorpilot
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Rotorpilot » Wed Mar 30 2016, 09:43

County wrote:Not sure why HM reunion would be scheduled at the same time as RotorTech ??

Why not? A good chance for both to reap some benefits of each other being there. See some awesome machines and enjoy some time in a nice place. :D
Dem winds are gonna blow
County
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby County » Wed Mar 30 2016, 10:08

For what it's worth, a Helimuster reunion would be a pretty special event and I think it should be just that.
AHIA
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby AHIA » Wed Mar 30 2016, 23:06

Maybe we can help further?

As a suggestion, we can make the last conference item for Saturday an open session (complimentary) for Heli-Muster people to do their own presentations. That means you can have access to a 140 seat conference hall.

Also if you arrive on Friday evening, you are invited to the free welcome drinks in the Trade Hall (50 booths). Starts at 5:30.

I am sure we can seek out a sponsored marquee for you HM veterans to be gather to chat and tell tall stories, with your families looking on in disbelief!

Just a suggestion!

AHIA - Rob - 0415 641 774
overtemp927
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby overtemp927 » Thu Mar 31 2016, 00:59

Thanks Rob,

Appreciate the offer...

One of the main reason for considering Twin Waters, is that it was JWs suggestion. Given that Rotortech is just around the corner, is an opportune time to get the HM people that are still in the industry an easy excuse to get together.

Nothing is yet confirmed, so any other suggestions can be posted to the Helimuster Reunion Facebook page.

cheers

Yippy
AHIA
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby AHIA » Thu Mar 31 2016, 10:21

Yippy,

Thanks for feedback, I understand this is a major step for some.

I will hold the space for a week or so - as we have to print programs and do a lot of PR on what is happening.

For example, Honeywell are doing their thing the day before and then staying on for the duration (about sixty folks). You guys have so much history; after all, many consider VRD as the center of the beginning of large scale mustering in this country. A lot of media will be at our event; and it would be fair to your people to be recognized for what you all achieved.

I must be a dill? Facebook is not accessible for me.

Best of luck - you can always join us in 2018 - but don't wait too long ....... us old folks know why?

Rob
AHIA
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby AHIA » Wed Apr 6 2016, 20:06

Hi all,

Many thanks to Yippy and all the folks who "think tanked" the suggestion that the reunion be held at the same place as Rotortech 2016.

Due to timelines and logistics involved it has been decided the concept of a reunion along side RT16 was not feasible. Anyhow, maybe RT18 in May 2018 may work? This coming event is already heavily booked and we will have to double our exhibition capability from 50 to over 100 booths. Our waiting list already shows interest as this year we were sold out four months prior.

A big thank you to Sonya and her team who helped sort all this out. Well done. It is so good to see kind people keeping living history going by arranging social events of this type. Things change so quickly, in a few weeks several helicopter icons may undergo a name change, and much history may slide away.

If you live locally - wander in - the trade show and helicopter parks are complimentary.

Kindest regards,

AHIA

Return to “From the Hangar Floor”