CEP eartips - Interested?

Got something to sell? List it here for free.
Ray McCooney
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Re: CEP eartips - Interested?

Postby Ray McCooney » Sun Aug 16 2009, 00:54

Heli, who are SETS? I tried a Google search but sets is common. Could you provide a link or the non abreviated name.

Thanks
edgebreak
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby edgebreak » Sun Aug 16 2009, 04:50

"helothere"
thanks for the diagram. Will fit it next tour and see how it goes.
regards
EB :D
Heli
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Heli » Sun Aug 16 2009, 11:45

Ray McCooney wrote:Heli, who are SETS? I tried a Google search but sets is common. Could you provide a link or the non abreviated name.

Thanks

http://www.sets.com.au/
Ray McCooney
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Ray McCooney » Sun Aug 16 2009, 11:54

Heli,

Thanks
DragonFlyer
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby DragonFlyer » Tue Aug 18 2009, 02:32

any chance you can buy parts for the kit?

reason is i brought a gentex (SH) helmet and it came with bits and pieces of the kit, all new parts but is missing one of the (important) cables i think, only figured that out from this post.

cheers
DF
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself. :) :) :)
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Tue Aug 18 2009, 02:35

Exactly what parts do you have Dragon?
DragonFlyer
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby DragonFlyer » Tue Aug 18 2009, 08:50

it seems i have all the parts (going of the pics on page one) except the wire going from the ear tips to the brass plug in the back of the helmet haha.
also the wires from the inside of the brass plug that connect into the ear piece/ear cup look like they where once attached but were cut of with side cutters, i still have the wire but not sure if it work if i re-attach it.
any thoughts on this

cheers DF
Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself. :) :) :)
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Tue Aug 18 2009, 10:13

I reckon you'd be best off getting a new set of ear pieces complete with wire and plug. The wire runs against the outside of the bottom of your ear and would be pretty uncomfortable with a join there.

I'm going to look at stocking these too as they do wear out, wont be any time soon though. That said, I'm not really sure if my order has been placed sucessfully or not, communication doesn't seem to be a strong point at cep-usa. I could add one to the order for you if it hasn't been sent yet, just let me know.
DragonFlyer
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby DragonFlyer » Wed Aug 19 2009, 01:12

Cheers, but i think ill keep my ears to the ground. my helmet isnt being used at the moment because the tourists think they will need one too if i wear it :lol:
but i will be looking into it more when my next job comes round/if/when.

but from what ive heard and seen recently this type of noise cancelling system beats all others, it will be interesting to compare against my headset with ANR.

cheers
DF
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Wed Aug 19 2009, 03:06

It really depends on what you are flying. If it's piston I reckon you can't beat ANR for convenience and comfort. If it's turbine I reckon CEP is the way to go. Remember that you can hook up CEP to a headset as well, I've seen it done a few times and by all reports it works just as well as a helmet install.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Wed Aug 19 2009, 03:38

Heli wrote:... I also have read some reports that although ANR gives "no noise" by creating counter noise to blank out what's coming in, it is still effectively pounding your ear drum with sound waves, and as such, may still cause long term damage. The jury is still out, but it is worth considering.

Just thinking about this. I don't think the sound waves are hitting the ear with much intensity. The way ANR works is to play received sound 180° out of phase, therefore cancelling out the sound wave. If you did the same in water, IE. make a wave and then introduce a wave exactly 180° out of phase, the result would be flat water, not a big funny looking wave. ANR does however have trouble with quickly alternating sounds such as wind noise but this is where the passive attenuation of the helmet/headset should cover the ear protection.
wilco
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby wilco » Sun Aug 23 2009, 12:55

Hey helothere,
i would definately buy a set. I got a new alpha about 6 months ago with CEP and while i take personal hygiene pretty seriously working out in the dirt and dust all the time has somewhat dimished their appearance to the point I try not to look at them as I put them in my ear. I use the slim ones, find them a lot more comfortable. For you fellow bladeslappers at least give CEP a shot. Its a lot cheaper and the noise reduction is brilliant. I use a Bose headset if I have to do the rare charter and it always seems that I run out of battery every time I forget to throw spares in the pocket. The only thing negative that I can say about CEP is that it is uncomfortable until you can find the sweet spot where the wire goes to the ear plug.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Mon Aug 31 2009, 10:58

Alrighty then, CEP tips have arrived, available in the Bladeslapper Shop, HERE.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Sat Oct 17 2009, 02:38

count me in, for a pair of slim ear pluggy thingies........is that the only colour they come in?
BD.
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Sat Oct 17 2009, 14:43

CEP's can be ordered here...

One colour only, two sizes to choose from though :wink:
aliahlewis

Postby aliahlewis » Wed Apr 14 2010, 10:30

It was nice visiting this thread. Because I know nothing about it and when for the first time I seen that picture I was what is it?? Thanks for sharing it.
Blackers
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Blackers » Sat Apr 17 2010, 07:57

Oh be warned.....

I orders a set of CEP ear tips and never received them. I placed my order over this website and then made a direct payment. After never receiving my order in the post after 2 weeks I sent an email asking where they were.. To this day I still have not received a response to my email...Think 2, 3 or even four time over before buying from this website..

Edit MOD: See response below. Additionally, blackers was supplied extra CEP tips and a bladeslapper sticker for his troubles. You might note that he is the only one who has had any trouble ordering from the shop... You might also note that I haven't deleted this post!
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Sat Apr 17 2010, 08:14

I had no trouble at all blackers, in fact I received them before they were paid for. Have you tried sending a pm to helothere?
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Sun Apr 18 2010, 23:22

OMG Blackers, I am so sorry. I don't have a record of any outstanding orders and I certainly didn't receive your email. Please PM me immediately with your details and I'll get them out ASAP with a little extra gift for the hassle.
bladepitch
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby bladepitch » Mon Apr 19 2010, 01:02

helothere wrote:with a little extra gift for the hassle.

yeah.... semi naked pictures of helothere in sequened hotpants pouting to the camera doesnt count as a gift in my books !

Return to “For Sale”