Helicopter Movements

As requested by GAFNomad... Helis on the move
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Thu Nov 29 2007, 07:41

Anything with three seats across the front needs a left-hand drive position - otherwise there is no room for the collective.
Train Crash
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Train Crash » Thu Nov 29 2007, 11:13

Hate to correct you F.F.

However, you can fly an EC120 from either side without a special approval from anyone.

To my knowledge, it is the only aircraft in AU to which this rule applies.

Cheers

T.C.
Kulwin Park
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Kulwin Park » Thu Nov 29 2007, 11:30

No, not flying down, but will be visiting as picking up someone in their fixed wing, as down there for 4 days.

Cheers, will say hello if i see any of you guys down there ... cheers ... lets the V8's roar! Sound much better than a chopper at full revs! :twisted:
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Nov 30 2007, 01:43

I am all for being corrected if I am wrong or mistaken. I did not know that about the 120...not being endorsed on it and all. I wonder if this is the case for the 130 as well...seems to be enough room in those things.

I believe you can get 3 across in a AS350 with right hand command, however its very squishy for the 2 people on the left...its more for 2 kids in the front or two persons of asian persuasion, since mst asians seem to be of a smaller build. You have to check the COG for this configuration as well.
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Fri Nov 30 2007, 01:58

Afternoon all,

Just moved into my new house and haven't got the internet on yet so apologies for the delayed reply.

The PIC in the EC130 sits in the left seat, the 'co-pilot' seat is the middle seat as there are three seats across the front. And no, I don't do a great deal of long lining!

Nathan M - As FerrariFlyer indicated I'm not actually navigating using the VOR but in that pic I'd say it's tuned to the Jacobs Well (JCW) VOR judging by the deflection and compass heading. I haven't got an IFR rating, just NVFR and I don't have any plank time.

CYHeli - You'll just have to trust my photots as I'm not coming down to Phillip Island anymore either, bit of a bugger as I was looking forward to the flight.

CH :cool:
ratherflychoppers
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby ratherflychoppers » Mon Dec 3 2007, 00:10

Thanks for the replies. You learn something every day :D
BennyG
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby BennyG » Mon Dec 3 2007, 00:32

FerrariFlyer wrote:Suffice to say, on a day like the day in the picture, as long as he keeps the blue stuff on the right and the green stuff on the left, he should get to where he is going in a little while.

since he's at Moreton Island and probably tracking for the Gold Coast where he is based, once he gets south of Moreton he'd want to keep the blue on his LEFT and green on his RIGHT, otherwise he'll be doin laps of moreton!!

BennyG
All Around Aus
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby All Around Aus » Mon Dec 3 2007, 04:51

FerrariFlyer wrote:
I believe you can get 3 across in a AS350 with right hand command, however its very squishy for the 2 people on the left...its more for 2 kids in the front or two persons of asian persuasion, since mst asians seem to be of a smaller build. You have to check the COG for this configuration as well.

We run this configuration in our 350's. 2 pax in the front. Its 'cosy' but certainly not uncomfortable. Yes obviously more roomy for ppl with a smaller build although we seem to fit the average person x 2 quite well and CofG doesn't become an issue if you load the rear as well. Can't do 2 in the front without pax in the back tho. 8)
dodge, dip, duck, dive & dodge...
heliflyer1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Movement

Postby heliflyer1 » Wed Jan 23 2008, 01:48

Hello slappers

Was heading past Tooradin (YTDN) and manged to spot this beast:

Does anyone know where abouts it came from and what it might be doing down here?
Uncle Chop Chop
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Uncle Chop Chop » Wed Jan 23 2008, 02:38

This S-61 is from Cougar, a Canadian company that conducts Oil Rig Ops in British Columbia, possible that it's down at YTDN for Bass Strait Ops ?? I believe that Cougar will be phasing the S-61 away in favour of the S-92.

I saw it flying south bound along Rickets Point, Port Phillip Bay, thought it was just here from Carsons for the Fire Contract but theirs are Yellow in colour.
Will Fly For Food
Bloke
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Jayrow S61N

Postby Bloke » Wed Jan 23 2008, 08:36

G'day All,

Th S61 will shortly have Jayrow titles applied and will be heading for Broome on a new offshore contract. The Cougar crews will be flying it until it goes onto the VH reg, then Jayrow crews take over, much like the ERA S76C++ currently in Karratha.

Cheers,
Bloke
GAFNomad
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby GAFNomad » Sun Mar 2 2008, 06:57

Noted at Phillip Island today was B206 -YAM

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Bell-206 ... 1297477/M/

Nice paint scheme
agent 99
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby agent 99 » Sun Mar 2 2008, 13:47

YAM used to be based down at the Twelve Apostles flying charter.Until it got sacked for a newer french machine. I spent many months overtaking it in the air (memories). :)
ems500

Postby ems500 » Sun Mar 2 2008, 19:35

FerrariFlyer wrote:

I always thought the front seat in the AS350, was for the two hottest chicks and then the next hottest on the back left working to ugliest behind the pilot so you can't see them!!!
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Mon Mar 3 2008, 04:53

EMS500...you have obviously read the flight manual for the AS350 quite thoroughly!!! :D
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Visitors to Mildura

Postby CYHeli » Mon Apr 14 2008, 08:53

The following was passing through from Perth to Essendon...

helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Re: Helicopter Movements

Postby helothere » Tue Apr 22 2008, 11:42

This one is still in Darwin, about to move soon apparently. It has Jayrow stickers on the sides.

with altitude
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby with altitude » Thu Apr 24 2008, 11:05

the couger 61 is off to WA for a couple of months then back to darwin!!! :shock:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby CYHeli » Sun Jun 8 2008, 12:11

More visitors to YMIA.
Does it help having the only JetA1 within cooee..?

I think there were some AS350's there and if I see them I'll post tomorrow.

Hey Master Cylinder - check your pm's.
Last edited by CYHeli on Sat Jun 14 2008, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
CYHeli
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby CYHeli » Sat Jun 14 2008, 09:11

More A109's...

And the kids join the fan club...

I thought there was an AS350...

6 actually

Nice chatting guys.
What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.

Return to “Helicopter Movements”