Postby Joecamel » Sat Jun 14 2008, 23:42

They are down here at Edinburgh now.

Joe
Master Cylinder
200th Member!
200th Member!

Re: Helicopter Movements

Postby Master Cylinder » Fri Jun 20 2008, 08:12

And...now they're gone. Good visit to RAAF Edinburgh...shame that Adelaide Approach are such 'tight asses' when it comes to coastal runs past the city. Reasonable weather and lots of training achieved, but all good things must end and we're all tired and ready to sleep in out own beds again.

Cy, if you happen to be over toward Temora on Monday, we'll be passing through with a 109 on a day into night vis nav (with a stop over for a bite at Temora).

MC
To fly is human, to hover...divine!
P-Plates
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby P-Plates » Fri Jun 20 2008, 20:49

Hello all.

Were there any RAN " Birdies" at YBCG on Friday ?. From a distance i saw an A109 at the Northrn end of the apron with a Winch fitted so thought it must be from the RAN.
The early morning fog in Brisbane caused a number of planes to divert to YBCG & at one count there were 12 parked & another 3 waiting along the taxi way for a place to unload there PAX. As usual the non-humerous tower folk were hard work when we asked for taxi clearance. I guess the extra work load made them stress even more than usual.

P-Plates.
Master Cylinder
200th Member!
200th Member!

Postby Master Cylinder » Fri Jun 20 2008, 22:07

That would've been one of the RAN machines enroute to Cairns. Would've been leaving Friday morning to continue the trip northward. Mission...to conduct patrol boat aviation training.

MC
To fly is human, to hover...divine!
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Thu Jun 26 2008, 16:23

Couldn't find a better place for these old movements! I bought a scanner today and scanned a few of my old pics from when I started my flying training in Melbourne in 1997. Included are a couple of pics of the old Vic Police Dauphins and a few from my first year with PHS.

Ron Newman slinging some pipes

Gotta start somewhere, damn mechanical background!

On top of Mt Zeil, 5022' AMSL, west of Alice Springs.

A Jayrow engineer and myself.

Glen Helen, west of Alice Springs.
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Wed Mar 11 2009, 10:44

"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Twistgrip » Wed Mar 11 2009, 11:30

Back in Oct 2003 whilst conducting a Malee fowl survey for NPWS.this pic was take about 30nm NW of Mildura after the days flying, had to land due to dust/thunderstorm on transit back to base, it was appx 1600 i still remember it vividly, after this pic was taken we all piled into the machine to get out of the rain/mud.....only lasted 15 mins but the machine was a nice chocolate brown afterwards!!

"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"
Queestce
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Queestce » Wed Mar 11 2009, 19:01

Sweet thread! Love the eye candy, that ec120 is amazing cptn. Had never seen more than the pretty fenestron in your avatar, and damn the whole thing is awesome!

Took these pics of Lifesaver squirrel VH-ELR(?) in December 07 off north straddie. I see them flying around there quite often, but i'm never really sure what there doing! I guess alot of it is routine observation or something..... not necessarily requested shark spotting haha. Anyone got any info on ELR at all, is it still flying the same operations for whoever it is that manages the westpac choppers? Cheers,

Tk
Attachments
IMG_5481.jpg
IMG_5480.jpg
IMG_5479.jpg
ryanb
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby ryanb » Thu May 13 2010, 04:50

Queestce,

In regards to ELR (Lifesaver 5) it flys daily from tweed heads to as far north as caloundra, geneally in the southport and straddie area on doing shark spotting. It is operated by the chief pilot of westpac rescue heli serv. on occasion does work for the qld police, as delta 515.
'Boxer'
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Thu May 13 2010, 10:57

The two 300's brings back memories. Did Ron still have NCL and IHV then Hollywood?
"It's wabbit seathon! It' duck seathon! I dare you to shoot me now!"

Return to “Helicopter Movements”