As requested by GAFNomad... Helis on the move
JetRangerJunkie
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Melbourne Cup Helicopters

Postby JetRangerJunkie » Sat Sep 22 2012, 11:57

Thanks Heli,
interesting background info there.
I managed to attend about eight Cup Days during the 90's (the halcyon days for 'Jetties')..but I think I'll make the effort again this year despite the Squirrels and EC-'s.
Must admit, the ONLY way to arrive is by chopper and those lucky enough to fly them are legends,one and all.
I had the (paid) privilege to fly in one year with Mark Robertson in the 205 , 'Triple Nuts' ...I felt like a king.
I've got a stack of photo's taken over the years but can't seem to upload onto this pernickety site..it keeps telling me the file size is too big..
Capt Hollywood
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Capt Hollywood » Sat Sep 22 2012, 12:26

There seems to be some issue with getting images displayed on BS at the moment, I have emailed Helothere and he is working on it.

CH 8)
JetRangerJunkie
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby JetRangerJunkie » Sun Oct 28 2012, 11:05

Bladeslappers,
I'm hoping to make it to the track this year..Is there anyone I should be approaching for permission to operate 'in the vicinity' of the pads.?
Looking at the TV footage from last year the location of the pad appears to be outside the FGN course.
Is there (car) parking nearby.?
I'll be monitoring 120.4 and 123.45 (pls.advise if there are any other applicable freqs.)

Cheers
Greg

Return to “Helicopter Movements”