Cairns Resorts - suggestions?

As requested by GAFNomad... Helis on the move
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Cairns Resorts - suggestions?

Postby Dauphin » Sat Jun 28 2008, 07:26

Hi guys,
I have an American mate who owns his own Notar and is flying it from Malaysia to Sydney in August/September. He's coming in via Horn Island then following the coast down. He wants to stop off in Cairns for a few days and meet up with his family and spend some time at a resort, preferably one which will let him land his helo nearby. He has asked me for suggestions but I don't know the area. He thought Lizard Island looked good. Can any of you FNQ operators suggest a family (and helo) friendly resort.
Watch out for a red Notar with US reg. heading south. The owner is a very nice guy and will no doubt be happy to have a chat and pick up some tips on flying in Oz.
Todd McMahon
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Cairns Resorts - suggestions?

Postby Todd McMahon » Sat Jun 28 2008, 09:25

Dauphin check your PM cheers. :D
Only Time Will Tell
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Sat Jun 28 2008, 21:27

Helicopspeeder,
I've tried to reply to your pm a couple of times but the messages won't leave my Outbox. Have you got me blocked or something??
Vortex Bling

Postby Vortex Bling » Sat Jun 28 2008, 23:06

Lizard Island is an excellent resort in a stunning location with first-rate service. Snorkelling in Watson's Bay is a must! Very helicopter friendly. Open bar. I give it 10/10!

Inland of Cairns is Wrotham Park Lodge, which is a five star outback cattle station. Not as much to do out there, but it will show your friend the inland of Oz. Land your helicopter right in front of your room. I give it 9/10. It's worth the diversion from the coast.

Half way between Horn and Lizard is Haggerstone Island. It's billed as a luxury island retreat but it's more like a cross between Survivor, Lost and Gilligan's Island. Don't miss fishing with Roy, where you'll catch and eat as much Red Emperor and lobster as you can handle. Land your helicopter on the beach, but watch out for high tide! It's a great location, but they are stingy with the food and amenities when at the lodge, so I only give it 7/10.

If you want any more places, let me know.
helicopspeeder
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby helicopspeeder » Sun Jun 29 2008, 09:16

Dauphin,
I think maybe the problem is on your end! I have three P.M.s from you. Have answered one. Try adjusting the little nut behind the controls! Sorry, in the middle of a 500 hrly with a sarcastic LAME. I asked him if he could either repair or remove the heavy A/C unit in my machine and he said "Nah that's PCS". Anyone want to guess what he meant by PCS?
Later,
H. speeder
The voices in my head are debating the lyrics to "Hotel California"
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Sun Jun 29 2008, 09:56

Dunno what happened there. Sorry about the multiple replies. Had a whole bunch of pm's sitting in my outbox for half the day, then they all decided to send themselves.

Return to “Helicopter Movements”