Sensei
Sensei

New Airfield Directory Map

Postby helothere » Tue Mar 19 2013, 07:54

Edit:
Here is the form: ersa_form.php

Here is the Map: map_ersa.php

See my post below for instructions.

Here's a project I have been meaning to add for a couple of years now. When finished it will be a complete directory of all airfields mentioned in ERSA. Before I release it into the wild and ask for your help to populate the database, I'd like a little feedback on the info presented. There will be a form to fill in from ERSA to add the data. You'll notice the username is added to an airfield when added. There'll be much kudos for high achievers :wink:

I've added the first few airfields. Click on a name and check the marker window. How's the info? Too much? Too little? Something missing? Let me know here and we'll go live.

map_ersa.php
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: New Airfield Directory Map

Postby Evil Twin » Tue Mar 19 2013, 08:59

Looks good, runways would be a great addition.

ET
Footprint Productions
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Footprint Productions » Tue Mar 19 2013, 09:08

Nice idea! Looks good too.

The formatting could have the lat/long closer together, with separation from the variation.

My two cents would be to add if there is fuel (although the ERSA gets that wrong quite a bit) and the area frequency.

Thanks for a great addition.

MQ
Tactical71
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Tactical71 » Wed Mar 20 2013, 09:14

Im assuming you all know of www.Helipads.org I quite like the layout of that.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Wed Mar 20 2013, 11:30

OK, changes made, were going to give this a crack. You need to be logged in and have made a certain number of posts to be able to see the form to add ERSA airfields. If you click the link and get sent back to the home page then sorry, you don't qualify.

If you successfully add an airfield your username will be immortalised at the bottom of the info window. I'll add a list of the major contributors.

To participate you'll need an up to date copy of ERSA or go to https://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/aip.asp?pg=40&vdate=7-Mar-2013&ver=1 and download an airfield [FAC]. Choose an Airfield at random (or your favourites) from the dropdown list so your entry doesn't get stomped on by someone else. Enter the info from ERSA into all the yellow boxes. Add as many Airfields as you care but please take your time to ensure the data is accurate.

Here is the form: http://www.bladeslapper.com/content/bb/ersa_form.php

In time I'll add all the runway images, as added to the first few in the list, here: http://www.bladeslapper.com/content/bb/map_ersa.php

I really need your help with this to make it a success, thanks in advance.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Thu Mar 21 2013, 09:52

So nobody wants to add an airfield from ERSA?
Footprint Productions
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Footprint Productions » Thu Mar 21 2013, 10:27

Helothere,

I tried but my username was to long for the system, I got this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Data too long for column 'username' at row 550 [1406]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Bladeslapper Administrator if this problem persists.

Can we have a box for notes? I'd love to add some of the random places I've been that are happy to have helicopters land. For instance the Crackenback Lodge, just outside the National Park near Thredbo, has a awesome pad out the back. The owner is really nice and the foods terrific but it has one very nasty wire to the South coming off a ridge line. The owner told me there were no wires, so info from previous visitors might be very helpful.

What about a different icon for basic and private HLS?
Footprint Productions
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Footprint Productions » Thu Mar 21 2013, 19:42

Home airport YSMB added.

Grass / dirt strip, no fuel.

BTW is directly between Warnervale and the Sydney lane of entry. Most folks fly over without even knowing it's there.

Currently heli parachute ops are being carried out so it can get busy!
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Fri Mar 22 2013, 07:03

Fixed the username length, thanks for that. Good idea on the different icon for HLS's. I'll get on to it.

Here you go: hls_form.php

Any Members feel free to add any HLA or HLS you have info on. The more added the better the resource will be for everyone. Don't forget to add local knowledge to the notes section.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Sat Mar 23 2013, 13:07

Well the response to this has been underwhelming. How about taking 5 minutes to add an airfield from ERSA or a Helipad you know of? Give a little back to the site that gives you so much...

ersa_form.php

hls_form.php
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Fri Apr 12 2013, 22:55

Bump. We're getting a few airfields in there now, a few more contributors would be nice...

Airfield directory

ersa_form.php

hls_form.php
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Fri Apr 12 2013, 23:50

I want to drop a pin onto the map, because i don't know any lats and longs, (haven't been there for yonks) but didn't see any facility to drop the pin.

Help?

Planning to put in Mt Broughton golf course, Panorama Restaurant (though they might shut that one down) and a few others around the traps.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Sat Apr 13 2013, 04:13

Eric Hunt wrote:I want to drop a pin onto the map, because i don't know any lats and longs, (haven't been there for yonks) but didn't see any facility to drop the pin. Help?

Use this Map: http://www.bladeslapper.com/content/bb/map.php
Drag the "H" icon onto your point, give the location a name and hit send. I'll add it for you.

Return to “NOTABS”