New look for Bladeslapper

Notice To All BladeSlappers
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

New look for Bladeslapper

Postby helothere » Fri Jun 1 2007, 13:29

I've been working hard building a new *souped up* look for bladeslapper. What do you reckon?

Anything missing that you previously used or liked?

Got any ideas for features you would like to see?
wheatbix
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby wheatbix » Fri Jun 1 2007, 13:52

I've been noticing the changes this week, I was going to make a topic but decided to wait and see if anything else happened.

I've gotta say - I'm a fan. Its tidy and clean. The only thing I miss from before is the 20 active topics rather then 10 - they were good to have there to see the latest posts rather than having to browse through the forums on a big night. Maybe have 15 instead?? I'm not sure :?

But overall, very nice :wink:
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

OK

Postby helothere » Fri Jun 1 2007, 14:00

15 latest topics it is.
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Fri Jun 1 2007, 23:49

I don't like it. :x

Looks a bit amatuerish in my opinion. I think it's the font and the size - I feel like I've logged onto a site for the visually impaired. 8)

The new menu options I can handle....just the topics bit I'll register a "I don't like it" on. :wink:

NOB.
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Fri Jun 1 2007, 23:52

And for some reason I can no longer edit my last post!
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Refresh

Postby helothere » Fri Jun 1 2007, 23:59

The font size is actually smaller than before, you may have a cached copy. Try holding down the Ctrl key and click refresh in your browser. You can't edit because you have limited priveliges in this NOTABS topic, I have the power...
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Sat Jun 2 2007, 00:01

That's better!!!!

Now delete my previous posts so I don't look like a fool!!!! :wink:

You may think you have the power...but who takes an 8600kg helicopter to work with them? :twisted:

NOB.
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Sat Jun 2 2007, 00:03

Oh and it's VERY hard to read the "you have no new messages" bit on the upper title line due to the color.

And no, it's not my eyesight :shock:
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Colour?

Postby helothere » Sat Jun 2 2007, 00:16

I can see it alright, are you shure it's not your eyes? For the visually impared, if you mouse over the forum link at the top (whilst logged in) you will get a bigger version of instant and private message status. If you are lucky enough to receive a message, a little red flashing arrow will appear in the LCD screen at the top too.

You may have bigger toys than me but I own the playground. So there! :P
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Sat Jun 2 2007, 00:24

I think we're talking about a different area of the main page.

On the LCD display, it has my name VH-NOB, then it has a very difficult to see indication of BSIM.

It's in light blue...I'm not suprised you can't see it....it's difficult to see, you see. :wink:

Oh...and jealousy is a curse :twisted:
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Just checked

Postby helothere » Sat Jun 2 2007, 00:46

Just checked in internet Oc:= explorer again and it seems OK. The text you are talking about (in the LCD screen) should be dark grey. Try Ctrl + refresh again, if that's no good, let me know what version of internet Oc:= explorer you are using.

Maybe you should upgrade to a standards compliant browser :wink:
skidbender

Postby skidbender » Sat Jun 2 2007, 01:25

Hello MJ, I can't see what NOBBY wants me to see at the top of the screen. Can you please change the colour. How are you anyway mate? I lost my phone numbers the other day can you pm me your number.
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Sat Jun 2 2007, 02:13

I've refreshed and refreshed and refreshed...and still it's light blue with little contrast to the surrounding LCD-like background.

I'd love to upgrade to a "standards compliant browser", but I don't like calling the I.T. Department because they make me feel stupid with all of their nerd-speak. Hence, I have no idea which version of Explorer I'm forced to use here.

Regardless, the new look is awesome now and I'll just wait till there's a little red arrow pointing at nothing in particular...then i'll know that i've been messaged!!! :wink:

NOB.
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Firefox...

Postby helothere » Sat Jun 2 2007, 02:48

You can download Firefox here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

In the meantime I have forced the link colour, is that any better?
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Sat Jun 2 2007, 04:53

Nope :cry:
Friendly Black Dog
1st Dan
1st Dan

VH-NOB

Postby Friendly Black Dog » Mon Jun 4 2007, 05:05

As the GM would say "Who's the high maintenance one now?"

FBD :lol:
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Mon Jun 4 2007, 06:09

*snap snap* 8)
phugoyd

Dont like it

Postby phugoyd » Mon Jun 4 2007, 12:10

I think its all a pile of turd, its all lopsided, put it back and stop messing, what happened to new post notification, and why cant we edit you control freak.

I like that it corrects yaw spelling though, it only took 2 years for you to figure that one out.

Put the menus back in the middle i get a crook neck on my shiny new 22" screen looking over to the left.

Hey NOB dont you think you earn enough already (FLC). Oh you owe me a beer, sure you wont stay in Darwin a little now!!!! :wink:
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Tue Jun 5 2007, 06:43

Well aren't you a 22 inch stick in the mud phugs!

Might I suggest you do the Ctrl refresh thing too? Maybe the *new* folder indicator is too subtle for your taste?
VH-NOB
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VH-NOB » Tue Jun 5 2007, 09:44

Tsk Tsk Ladies.

It just takes a bit of getting used to Phugs - despite the fact I can't see when I have a new message :roll:

Helothere - are you going to have internet access on your trip?

Phugs - you can buy me a beer for helping out a friend of yours :wink: MWHAHAHAHA

SMOUC - GFYYFC.

NOB.

Return to “NOTABS”