Corrupt Database

Notice To All BladeSlappers
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Corrupt Database

Postby helothere » Thu Jul 8 2010, 09:42

Bladeslapper was unavailable for a little while this arvo. Thankyou to all those that took the time to let me know. The fix was very simple but with all the server shuffling I have been up to lately I had no "back door" to get in and fix it. That required a fairly large upload and config which was frustratingly difficult on a dodgey satellite connection in a third world country during an intense thunderstorm.

All good again now, carry on...

Oh, and thanks for the support for the new advertising banners. I resisted as long as I could to keep the site mostly ad free. Please help out by supporting anyone who supports us!
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Re: Corrupt Database

Postby black duck » Thu Jul 8 2010, 10:03

[quote="helothere"]That required a fairly large upload and config which was frustratingly difficult on a dodgey satellite connection in a third world country during an intense thunderstorm.[/quote] Your back in Australia then?
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Thu Jul 8 2010, 10:18

[quote="black duck"][quote="helothere"]That required a fairly large upload and config which was frustratingly difficult on a dodgey satellite connection in a third world country during an intense thunderstorm.[/quote] Your back in Australia then?[/quote] No smiley faces or edit? soooo....LOL :)
i4iq
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby i4iq » Thu Jul 8 2010, 10:24

I thought it was funny, so - here's a smiley :-)
SuperF
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby SuperF » Thu Jul 8 2010, 10:49

nah probably in NZ. cheers Telecom... ;-)
Psychlic
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Psychlic » Thu Jul 8 2010, 11:24

On ya Sensei, the ads are OK - saves having to look for stuff..

Oh yeah

:-) :p
helothere
Sensei
Sensei

Postby helothere » Thu Jul 8 2010, 12:07

black duck wrote:
black duck wrote:
helothere wrote:That required a fairly large upload and config which was frustratingly difficult on a dodgey satellite connection in a third world country during an intense thunderstorm.
Your back in Australia then?
No smiley faces or edit? soooo....LOL :)

How did you break the BB code? IE the quote thingy and the smilies? Seems to work OK for me...
I must admit to having a chuckle at your joke... I think that Tassie air is getting in your brain :wink:

(c:_ol
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Thu Jul 8 2010, 12:32

I've got no idea what I've done? :$ ( thats meant to be a confused smiley) The BBc code is off, but only on this thread! Oh well! Tassy air? I'm back in Kratta!!!! for another 3 weeks anyway. :) (sad smiley)
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Thu Jul 8 2010, 12:38

[quote="black duck"] I'm back in Kratta!!!! for another 3 weeks anyway. :) (sad smiley)[/quote]

You have my full sympathies. I am not far away from 'Kratta' myself, and I feel your pain.

Only 5 more sleeps to go......134 hours....8040 minutes....482400 seconds....oh the humanity!!

PS I too have no idea what I have done with the whole BBcode thing...again in English, you know I don't speak Spanish.
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Thu Jul 8 2010, 12:48

You too!! (shocked smiley) were out at Wandoo and the weather? (very green, vomiting, not so smiley)
Trailing edge
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Trailing edge » Thu Jul 8 2010, 22:18

Helohere helothere, no problems with the adds. A bloke's gotta live.

TE
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Thu Jul 8 2010, 23:26

[quote="FerrariFlyer"][quote="black duck"] I'm back in Kratta!!!! for another 3 weeks anyway. :) (sad smiley)[/quote]

You have my full sympathies. I am not far away from 'Kratta' myself, and I feel your pain.

Only 5 more sleeps to go......134 hours....8040 minutes....482400 seconds....oh the humanity!!

PS I too have no idea what I have done with the whole BBcode thing...again in English, you know I don't speak Spanish.[/quote]

I too feel your pain FF, 20 days....... 504hrs............. 30240 minutes............ 1814400 seconds............ there is no humanity!!!!. :( (very sad or crying smiley)

And BD I didn't think you got seasick :P
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Thu Jul 8 2010, 23:43

Sensei...considering the ownership costs and and ongoing maintenance of the site, I am surprised you held out as long as you did to accept advertising. I think its a good thing overall which adds to the site in more ways then one. I don't think too many people will mind advertising on the site if it means the continuation of what is, a great forum and opportunity for all in the industry to meet and share information.
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Thu Jul 8 2010, 23:45

Totally agree with FF on this one. ;)
black duck
Capt Poppet
Capt Poppet

Postby black duck » Fri Jul 9 2010, 10:22

[quote="Pegs"]

And BD I didn't think you got seasick :P[/quote]
OOOOh NOOOO not I! but the two pax we had on board didn't look to chirpy though, (big ship wally's too!) and well done with the ads Helothere, great idea. ( even after you were having a lend of me with the BBCode!!) LOL :)

Return to “NOTABS”