Long term Employment.

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
Guy Incognito
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Long term Employment.

Postby Guy Incognito » Sun Mar 15 2015, 10:52

Hi guys

Do you think its possible to be in one company for too long? Obviously there are exceptions but can it actually be frowned upon if you only have one employer in the industry on your resume? Thoughts?
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Long term Employment.

Postby FerrariFlyer » Sun Mar 15 2015, 11:21

I'd say it's relative.

Has that one employer allowed you to progress through the company into different machinery and flying different types?

Or, are you sill flying scenics in a R44 with 3000hrs in the logbook?

Having one employer for a long period of time can show stability in employment and an ability to commit for a period of time. It could also show an inability to move on and upwards. As I said before its all relative to a number of things and how people choose to perceive the situation and circumstances at hand.

I had thought about drawing parallels to jobs and women but thought I might just dig myself into a great big hole.
Yakking
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Yakking » Sun Mar 15 2015, 11:49

Depends a little what role you're working in as well. I know guys who are flying Offshore who have done 25+ years with the same company.
I wish I had a catchy saying like everyone else...
flyboy111111
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby flyboy111111 » Mon Mar 16 2015, 02:23

I think a lot depends on the company your employed by, if it's a known shonky operator then you will get tarred with the same brush. However if it's a well known respectable company with a top C/P then other companies will want you. Saying that, why would you leave a respectable company, there arnt that many around.

Return to “General Employment Questions”