Helipro Fiji

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
Waka topatopa
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Helipro Fiji

Postby Waka topatopa » Sun Dec 7 2014, 18:09

PM sent.

Anyone else that might have been contacted by these guys feel free to PM me. From what I know and have heard I wouldn't go anywhere near them.
angrywasp
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby angrywasp » Sun Dec 7 2014, 22:09

Follow your instincts.
Jamienz
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Jamienz » Sun Dec 7 2014, 22:16

Hi Mate,

I know these guys through other business dealings (not helicopters) have had a trading relationship with the guys (Graeme and Michael) for a few years - happy to give you an honest run down of my impressions with them. Not really appropriate for a public forum but send me a PM if you like.

You are most likely already aware but Helipro NZ is currently in receivership and as far as I know own the Fijian BK.

Cheers Jamie
angrywasp
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby angrywasp » Tue Dec 9 2014, 04:42

Bulabulabulish is correct. No aircraft = No AOC. The only surprising thing is that the police reacted to the country managers assertion, given his history ! Put your Nike's on when it comes to that particular can of worms.
Waka topatopa
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Waka topatopa » Tue Dec 9 2014, 06:36

angrywasp wrote:Bulabulabulish is correct. No aircraft = No AOC. The only surprising thing is that the police reacted to the country managers assertion, given his history ! Put your Nike's on when it comes to that particular can of worms.

True, however the AOC was pulled by CAAF before the aircraft was gone due to lack of senior persons ie Chief Pilot and Engineer......the reason they were not present is because mr Hegde and his cronies trespassed them from the hangar (the same one they were evicted from not long after for not paying rent).
beacon

Postby beacon » Thu Dec 11 2014, 08:41

Creditors unlikely to get money back in $25m Helipro collapse

Calida Smylie Wednesday December 10, 2014

Rick Lucas

It is highly unlikely Helipro’s creditors will be paid back the more than $25 million debt owing, receivers say.

PwC were appointed receivers on October 8 for Palmerston North-based Rick Lucas Helicopters, which owns helicopter tourism company HeliPro, along with subsidiaries HeliPro Aviation Support and HeliPro Aviation Training.

Two more companies associated with Mr Lucas, Lucas Property Investments and Lucas Family Trust were placed into receivership on November 14.

PwC released its first report on the helicopter companies on Monday, which showed the amount owing for the first time.

Receiver John Fisk tells NBR ONLINE that creditors – including secured creditor ANZ Bank, owed $20.9 million – probably will not be paid in full.

“At this stage it’s early days but, based on what we know, it’s highly unlikely the creditors will be paid in full.”

There are 47 creditors across the three helicopter businesses, some with purchase money security interest (PMSI) claims, which means they have security over specific assets that give them priority to get money back. There is $3.7 million owed to PMSI creditors.

The 62 employees received a preferential claim of $98,000 for their wages when receivers were brought on but are still owed $349,000 and it will depend on what is raised from accounts receivable and inventory as to whether they are paid in full, Mr Fisk says.

Inland Revenue is owed $215,000 and unsecured creditors in total are owed $1.1 million but this is likely to increase as more creditors come forward, Mr Fisk says.

Mr Fisk says receivers have managed to sell the Taupo helicopter base, and two helicopters used for firefighting in Australia to a contractor. The other assets, which include 30 helicopters and 12 fixed wing aircraft, have been brought back to Palmerston North to try to sell.

“We haven’t completed the sales process, so I’m unable to comment on what value of assets will be,” he says.

Two properties Mr Lucas owned are on the market; a three-bedroom home on 16 hectares in the Pelorus Sounds in Marlborough last valued at $485,000, and a Queenstown four-bedroom, four-bathroom penthouse apartment valued at $769,000 at the Oaks Shores complex.

Companies Office records show Mr Lucas, who started Helipro in 1983, is the director of three other companies; Aviation Ground Support, Bay Flight 2012 and Christchurch Helicopters.

However these are not in receivership, because they are not under the security of ANZ, whose subsidiary UDC Finance is the largest secured creditor of the other five.

HeliPro operated from eight bases throughout New Zealand, Fiji and Australia. The business provided commercial and tourism helicopter activities, maintenance services, search and rescue, fire fighting, and flight training.

Helicopter circles are buzzing that Mr Lucas is starting up another helicopter company. Posts on industry site Bladeslapper claim he is involved with Heliforce, which Companies Office records show is owned by Amber Duncan, which began on November 17, and operates out of Palmerston North and Wellington.

Mr Lucas and Heliforce did not return calls.
JimD Wings

Postby JimD Wings » Thu Dec 18 2014, 04:07

Hi Slaps,
I forgot to show you this link about Helipro FIJI ,appears Helipro will be kicked out of their Heli base in FIJI as they have no lease and landowner is stating Helipro FIJI is trespassing on their land .Court documents attached link.

http://www.paclii.org/fj/cases/FJHC/2014/874.html

I only mention this as I dont want fellow slappers working as hard as we do and not getting paid at the end of the day.

Up and Away

JD
Waka topatopa
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Waka topatopa » Fri Dec 19 2014, 00:23

They were kicked out a couple of weeks ago mate. No base and no heli.....great business model!
JimD Wings

Postby JimD Wings » Fri Dec 19 2014, 00:27

bulabulabullsh1t wrote:The BK is currently being packed up for export out of Fiji. No aircraft = no AOC..

Apparently the pilots were requested to fly the aircraft to Nadi from its Pacific Harbor base by the aircraft owner. When Graeme Hedge found out the aircraft was gone he called the police and said that the pilots had stolen his helicopter and accused them of working illegally for another company. They were arrested on arrival at Nadi and are now facing deportation. Sounds like a real nice guy to work for..

Some interesting reading for anyone interested in Mr Hedge and how he operates..

http://www.fijileaks.com/home/helipro-f ... co-in-fiji

http://www.fijileaks.com/home/chopper-s ... s#comments

D[color=#FF0000]o you have any further info on what happened to Helipro FIJi and its heli? Is it still leaving FIJI? I Heard Graeme Hedge state on Fiji TV last month his helipro FIJI (talking like it was his when it is actually owned by Lucas in New zealand ) claimed his helicopter was not effected by the Helipro NZ liquidation? Is this fact or fiction? If fiction why is he trying to recruit pilots like us? After reading your links I am very concerned. JD IM me/ anyone let me know! )[/color]
JimD Wings

Postby JimD Wings » Fri Dec 19 2014, 00:36

Waka topatopa wrote:They were kicked out a couple of weeks ago mate. No base and no heli.....great business model!
Hi Waka are you sure the helipro fj heli has left Fiji ?why is Graeme Hedge CEO Helipro fiji still claiming he has the helicopter and is still operating ? Do you have any conclusive info..I want to get to the bottom of this whole situation..IM me please feel free anyone can help shed light ,I dont want my fellow pilot slapper mate to get fooled by this trap.. JD Wings
JimD Wings

Postby JimD Wings » Sat Dec 20 2014, 02:31

JimD Wings wrote:
Waka topatopa wrote:They were kicked out a couple of weeks ago mate. No base and no heli.....great business model!
Hi Waka are you sure the helipro fj heli has left Fiji ?why is Graeme Hedge CEO Helipro fiji still claiming he has the helicopter and is still operating ? Do you have any conclusive info..I want to get to the bottom of this whole situation..IM me please feel free anyone can help shed light ,I dont want my fellow pilot slapper mate to get fooled by this trap.. JD Wings

Hi Slappers if anyone can tell me what helicopter company that is maybe now planning to lease a Squirrel Heli to Graeme Hedge Ceo of Helipro fiji please email me asap on jd0111900@yahoo.com
Waka topatopa
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Waka topatopa » Sat Dec 20 2014, 05:58

Helipro Fiji is a totally separate company to what Helipro NZ was. It was a partnership whereby Helipro Fiji took care of all things in country such as hangarage and getting the work. The helicopter, gear, pilots and engineers were all working for and paid by Helipro NZ. This was all run under a very wishy washy MOU. So no the heli doesn't belong to Helipro fiji unless they have struck a deal with the receivers which I doubt as they still owe the nz business hundreds of thousands. Won't be the first time Hedge has lied on Fiji TV. There is still a video on YouTube of him in 2012 stating they'd have multiple helis arriving before the end of the year!

Yes Mr Hedge and the other members of the Helipro Fiji board will most probably be trying to find more staff and gear to continue operating.

Last I heard they were looking at a B model Squirrel. Good luck with that, ask any of the boys from IH how great even the BA is on a long Medevac!

My advice to anyone approached by Helipro Fiji would be to stay well away. If you want Google 'Graeme Hedge'.....
JimD Wings

Postby JimD Wings » Sat Dec 20 2014, 09:34

Waka topatopa wrote:Helipro Fiji is a totally separate company to what Helipro NZ was. It was a partnership whereby Helipro Fiji took care of all things in country such as hangarage and getting the work. The helicopter, gear, pilots and engineers were all working for and paid by Helipro NZ. This was all run under a very wishy washy MOU. So no the heli doesn't belong to Helipro fiji unless they have struck a deal with the receivers which I doubt as they still owe the nz business hundreds of thousands. Won't be the first time Hedge has lied on Fiji TV. There is still a video on YouTube of him in 2012 stating they'd have multiple helis arriving before the end of the year!

Yes Mr Hedge and the other members of the Helipro Fiji board will most probably be trying to find more staff and gear to continue operating.

Last I heard they were looking at a B model Squirrel. Good luck with that, ask any of the boys from IH how great even the BA is on a long Medevac!

My advice to anyone approached by Helipro Fiji would be to stay well away. If you want Google 'Graeme Hedge'.....

Unbelievable isnt this Graeme Hedge? just found this link uploaded Dec 14 2014 by Helipro FIJI showing the Helipro FIJI fleet and showing the BK and claiming "HELiPRO Fiji operates throughout the Fiji Islands flying our twin engined helicopters"" they have a certified hangar and still trading (with no helicopter)

http://www.slideshare.net/GraemeHedge/h ... n-jan-2015 beware fellow slappers beware of Helipro FIJI and CEO Graeme Hedge something is a miss and it aint the engine.

JD Wings
chopperfodder
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby chopperfodder » Mon Dec 22 2014, 01:38

Ive noticed that alot of guys including myself have been approached by this guy on Linkedin, I would suggest that you dont accept his request to connect, no good will come from this.
nighthawk

Postby nighthawk » Sat Oct 10 2015, 16:08

Hi..can anyone give me some information on Helipro Fiji, I've been offered a position with them but I've seen lots of stuff on the net, please guys
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Sat Oct 10 2015, 23:05

I'd start by reading this thread in it's entirety, do all of the recommended google searches and then PM Waka topatopa, he's a bl00dy good bloke and won't give you any bull5hit.
nighthawk

Postby nighthawk » Sun Oct 11 2015, 17:06

Thank you so much...
yeppa

Postby yeppa » Thu Jan 28 2016, 01:03

Greeting,

Our company in borneo was contacted by this "Graeme" guy and requesting for MOU supports on tools,parts,manpower and pilot for the incoming 3 109C this end of feb.I might be coming to fiji for a visit next week..Any advise for me guys?
hand in pants
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby hand in pants » Thu Jan 28 2016, 04:47

Check your PM's.
Hand in Pants, I'm thinking, my god, that IS huge!!!!!!!!
yeppa

Postby yeppa » Thu Jan 28 2016, 08:26

thanks for the advise man...

Return to “General Employment Questions”