CHC Operations Officers

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
Up in the air

CHC Operations Officers

Postby Up in the air » Sun Jan 8 2012, 08:25

Hi all,

I see in addition to possible upcoming aircrew they are also after a couple of ops guys.

As there is no ph number and it clearly states no phone calls, anyone have any idea of the remuneration they would be looking at for these positions?

Not wanting to waste anyone’s time if it's not worth it to move up there.

Cheers

UITA
lindsay55
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: CHC Operations Officers

Postby lindsay55 » Sun Jan 8 2012, 08:56

I have a question too, kind of on topic:

I applied for the "future opportunities for off/on shore pilots" a few months ago and recently got a rejection email however I now have over the minimum 750hrs and a couple more exam passes but I can not reapply using the website...I would love to know how to be reconsidered?

UITA you should probably just apply and wait until someone contacts you.
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Sun Jan 8 2012, 09:52

Try ringing CHC head office in Perth 08 62177400 and ask to be put through to the HR Dept.
junque
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby junque » Sun Jan 8 2012, 10:09

Don't feel too bad and of course never say never but a mate of mine recently got the no thanks response to his submission and he's a ATPL 2500hrs + with 1200 turbine and irex . Guess they must be getting apps with the offshore exp box ticked .
Up in the air

Postby Up in the air » Sun Jan 8 2012, 11:38

Cheers and beers for the replies.

UITA
Tired

Postby Tired » Fri Jan 20 2012, 11:50

CHC Ops Officers are on just over $60k.
NZHelo
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby NZHelo » Fri Jan 20 2012, 12:14

60k wow where do I sign
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Fri Jan 20 2012, 14:28

60k wow where do I sign

You don’t “sign”, it’s a process that involves insertions...
$600K would be closer to what was required for an actual human being to deal daily with the integrity free zone that is CHC Australia. (The most maintained piece of equipment, is the revolving door at HO. Ceramic bearings, Teflon lubricated, 1 week TBO.)
An ability to suffer liars, cheats and thieves is a mandatory requirement.
Pegs
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby Pegs » Fri Jan 20 2012, 17:22

An ability to suffer liars, cheats and thieves is a mandatory requirement.

ah sounds like you have found the offshore environment then Sky Pig, but don't feel alone, I can happily tell you that condition is not restricted to CHC, but shared equally amongst all the big companies that work in the Oil and Gas industry on the north west shelf. Oc:=

"don't ask" Pegs.....
A good idea needs landing gear as well as wings to get off the ground.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Fri Jan 20 2012, 22:35

Skypig,

You appear to be quite the disgruntled employee or ex-employee. If you are still with CHC why don't you move on? There seems to be jobs out there for a man of your talent.

Regards

EBA
Dauphin
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Dauphin » Fri Jan 20 2012, 22:46

To provide some balance I know quite a few CHC pilots who are perfectly happy with their jobs and with the way the company treats them. Admittedly most are in the EMS/SAR world where there is less potential to be messed around than the offshore (touring) sector. In the past year CHC doubled their pilot workforce, started a number of new contracts and moved their head office to a different state so there is bound to be some negative impact on employees. If Bond wins the next major offshore contract (which seems a distinct possibility) there will be ample opportunities for disgruntled CHC employees to jump ship. I believe the previous CHC Chief Pilot is now the Bond CP.
eba
Have YOUR say

Postby eba » Mon Jan 23 2012, 16:05

Skypig,

As an offshore line pilot with CHC i find your comments out of line and considerably insulting.
I have found your past comments entertaining, however future comments, like yourself, will be overlooked.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Mon Jan 23 2012, 22:10

“...I have found your past comments entertaining.....”

Thanks for your kind words (even if you are logged in as “EBA”, the generic login) --> Not anymore! Mod.

Many OS pilots enjoy the good pay and conditions on offer at CHC. I believe many of the happiest pilots manage to reduce to a minimum their contact with HO. (Even easier in a non touring pilots’ position.)

This thread is not about a pilots’ position, but rather a position that would, I imagine, require lots of contact with HO.

I hope you don’t suffer Bob Brown/Andrew Willkie style disappointment if you find yourself on the receiving end of damaging lies from someone with form in this area.

As far as the” insulting” goes, without more information I can only assume it was the “colourful” metaphors? I understand how they would not be to everyone’s taste, but this is a helicopter pilots forum not a meeting place for politically correct princesses.

SP 8) 8)

Return to “General Employment Questions”