cross hiring Robbies or 300s in Victoria

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
skidmark
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

cross hiring Robbies or 300s in Victoria

Postby skidmark » Tue Jan 16 2007, 23:23

Just wondering what cross hire opportunities there are for a low hour CPL to hire a R22, R44 or Schweizer 300 for a spot of private flying in Victoria?

If you don't work as a pilot and don't own your own aircraft but hold a CPL or PPL, where does one go to hire a helicopter for a few hours and what's involved (ie. insurance, checkrides, etc.)?

Always curious.
Uncle Chop Chop
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Uncle Chop Chop » Wed Jan 17 2007, 03:35

flying schools would offer private hire, I suspect if you haven't done your training with them they would probably require a check flight first, PHS, The Helicopter Group & Kestrel all have the R22 & H300 and use of R-44s.
heliflyer1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby heliflyer1 » Thu Jan 18 2007, 09:16

Good post skidmark,

Anyone know what the going rates are for the above mentioned AC's?? Also what does a pilot have to do if he wants to land on a beach eg. councils CASA (with a $130 fee for processing my queries :x )? Also any tips such as things to watch out for when making the landing / takeoff?
wheatbix
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby wheatbix » Fri Jan 19 2007, 02:45

the going rate for an R22 is usually around $370 - $400 an hour, an R44 is around $600, but not sure about a schweizer.

What sort of beaches are you thinking about? If there are people around, having sand blown in their face at high speeds is a fast way to get them off side. But i'd definitely be thinking about council approval, and double checking the beach doesnt land in controlled airspace
skidmark
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby skidmark » Fri Jan 19 2007, 03:13

Thanks wheatbix, but I'm still wanting to find out who rather than how much. I know the flying schools may hire aircraft, but are there other avenues for a pilot who might just want to buy a few hours for a weekend and go somewhere?
wheatbix
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby wheatbix » Fri Jan 19 2007, 03:27

sorry skidmark my reply was more in reference to heliflyer's post.

I'm not really sure about Victoria (i'm in sydney!), but good luck! Sorry i couldn't be of more help

:D
heliflyer1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby heliflyer1 » Fri Jan 19 2007, 23:52

Cheers wheatbix thanks for that info... Its a pretty un-occupied beach so if anyone is there they will only be passing by, Hopefully (or until they see a chopper land then I'm sure there will be a few interested by standers) Its for a mates wedding he wants me to fly him and his wife away after the ceremony.

Sorry for hijacking your thread skidmark.

Return to “General Employment Questions”