road trip

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
pic

road trip

Postby pic » Tue Feb 1 2011, 21:43

Hey guys,
Long time reader first time poster here.
Im thinking of going for a long drive to look for some work over the winter, thinking NT or North QLD.
Just looking for any tips or pointers from people who have done it before, good companies to try ect.
Would love to have a go at mustering but hear its hard to break into. Scenics are what I have been doing and have about 50hr PIC 44 time.

Thanks in advance. :D
Little Bird
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: road trip

Postby Little Bird » Wed Feb 2 2011, 07:40

Hey pic,
Good luck mate. This time last year was when I packed up the van and tripped around the Top End, FNQ and Kimberley.
It's a good time, companies up north will be looking for pilots over the next little while, so get in there, show your face, your keeness and have a crack.
The companies page on this site has most of the info about who to look at. Google em as well, get the phone numbers, cold call em and warn them you'll be around then call before you pop in and make sure the CP's around.
Consider basing yourself in Broome, Katherine, Darwin or over east (Cairns and south) if you don't mind getting wet feet. If there seems to be good signs, basing yourself and getting casual jobs in the meantime will put you in good stead when a position becomes available.
CA$A did a wet-season flying seminar last year, April time I think it was? Turn up, have a few nibblies and meet loads of people in the game. Keep your eyes open if they do it again.
Keep in touch with everyone you meet. You never know who your next Boss will be. Don't give up, ever.
Safe travels.

Return to “General Employment Questions”