Apprenticeship Sought

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
whissper

Apprenticeship Sought

Postby whissper » Wed Apr 7 2010, 08:18

Hello

I have completed BOTH the mechanical and avionics related topics at Aviation Australia and looking for an apprenticeship start in the industry. Heli-Muster NT weren't interested despite holding a CPL(H).

Ideas

Cheers
choppermech1986
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Apprenticeship Sought

Postby choppermech1986 » Wed Apr 7 2010, 08:37

Ideas?

1. Don't namedrop. I'm sure you're well aware this industry is ridiculously small.
2. Get a job flying. Get a few hours under your belt and get to know some maintenance organisations. If you look, there are a few jobs going at the moment.
3. Don't give up, things should get a bit lively in the next few months.

Cheers.
Ag-Rotor
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Ag-Rotor » Sun Apr 11 2010, 00:36

whissper wrote:Hello

I have completed BOTH the mechanical and avionics related topics at Aviation Australia and looking for an apprenticeship start in the industry. Heli-Muster NT weren't interested despite holding a CPL(H).

Ideas

Cheers

I wouldn't advertise the fact that Heli-Muster arn't interested in you, you might have just shot your foot off
Hugh Bosh
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Hugh Bosh » Sun Apr 11 2010, 03:10

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au I reckon they'll be able to help you with a maintenance career.
bl@ckers
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby bl@ckers » Mon Apr 12 2010, 01:21

For those interested parties, I note on the CASA website they are offering LAME scholarships of $1,000 per year for two years to candidates interested in a LAME career.

Click here to have a look. http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_90492
whissper

Postby whissper » Tue Apr 13 2010, 04:41

Actually nobody has been interested in me and I'm a little bit too old to be looking at defencejobs.gov.au (that and I don't want to have to be indoctrinated into military ideology)

Frustrated as I have done well (and did the avionics stuff on my own with no help - borrowed some notes and read them). Could have the course in half the time.

HM was another role that I have missed out on (and that would make about six so far) . Didn't mean to name drop but I am running out of patience with employers and more-so the school who have shown a complete lack of courtesy and respect.

This industry is not interested in good people. Only want average people. The lowest three in my class are employed (and have outstanding exams) but they are gaining paid experience. Me (who topped the class) can't get nothing.
DJ
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby DJ » Tue Apr 13 2010, 08:05

whissper,

Have you sold your best asset to these employers?......Humility!

D "average person" J
bladepitch
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby bladepitch » Tue Apr 13 2010, 08:29

whissper,

let me send you a can of "harden the F#%k up"

This industry is full of hard luck storys, ask anyone, they will tell you theirs. do you think your more deserving than than your mates? you need a reality check!

a boss told me once. everyone gets a run at some stage in this industry. just relax and let it happen.

so what... you have had a few knock backs.... if it was easy every man and his dog would be in this industry.

I travelled around the 3 states twice while holding a fulltime job in another industry before i got my start. ( i know your frustration)

yeah. i bitched and moaned at times, but i kept it to myself, while at the same time i stayed keen as all hell to impress the people that mattered, in the end it paid off.

im sure your a nice guy and someone will look at you at some point.

Im a firm believer that everything happens for a reason! there is obviously a good job waiting for you at some point and all your mates will be jealous that you got it. then you will be thankfull that no one else snapped you up earlier.

good luck with your search and remember persistance pays off.
bl@ckers
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby bl@ckers » Wed Apr 14 2010, 04:39

let me send you a can of "harden the F#%k up"

...Gold

Return to “General Employment Questions”