Helicopter Pilot Employment in China

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
skidsmarks

Helicopter Pilot Employment in China

Postby skidsmarks » Sun May 22 2016, 17:14

Could someone please provide information on helicopter pilot employment in China.

Are there many opportunities for non Chinese helicopter pilots in China at present?

Who are the operators to contact?

Any information around the conversion process, pilot salaries and any other relevant topics greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

experience requirements - where to look - conversion process -
rotors99
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Helicopter Pilot Employment in China

Postby rotors99 » Thu May 26 2016, 14:01

move along...nothing to see here. You wanna work without work Visa, without validation, without permits, without license, without authority to fly, without clearance, without any proper maintenance; then China is right for You pop; otherwise please move along :shock:
muppet
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby muppet » Fri May 27 2016, 05:10

rotors99, is that you guessing or do you have some experience of working in China? Not poking a stick, just genuinely curious.

I have spent a little bit of time in China and found they can be very particular in some areas or not particular at all. There seems to be precious little in between. My good mate flies in there from HK all the time and has zero trust for the ground handling chappies, and comments that the majority of FW pilots wouldn't have a royal clue what to do if their FD systems failed. Good robots, poor pilots.

Maybe they will realise they have a problem and suddenly there will be a great opportunity for all the (apparently) about to be laid off offshore pilots???
rotors99
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby rotors99 » Sat May 28 2016, 08:21

Hoy Muppet....there may well be some serious professional operators there in China???? But....I don't know of any. Yep I have a few Mates flying there right now & I also was gonna fly there till I saw the home made spray rig bodgely strapped to the skids. inspections are miraculously done overnight without an Engineer in attendance, simply amazing :shock: The Money is great but, YIKES at what risk Oc:=
muppet
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby muppet » Sun May 29 2016, 22:39

Thanks rotors99, appreciate the comments. They certainly do have some home-design type engineering methods. Shame in some ways, cos there could be good opportunity for work over there - some amazing countryside and the food is just to die for.... And from an EMS perspective, they have a different approach to road rules, so would be plenty of work around...

Return to “General Employment Questions”