PATS - Pilot Aptitude Training Systems

Good Company to work for? What do they fly? Ask here.
JRyan PATS

PATS - Pilot Aptitude Training Systems

Postby JRyan PATS » Thu Nov 5 2015, 09:27

Hi All

I know that my employer PATS has been discussed on this forum a few times,
but couldn't find that thread today

New here so wanted to introduce myself

We have been around for over ten years now and run normally four day training courses on how
to improve your score in aptitude tests at our Melbourne CBD office. The courses aren't cheap but
the pass rates are high, and assisted many many pilots into airlines and military.

For rotorheads probably most interest for those interested in becoming Army/Navy helicopter pilots.
Or for rotorheads converting to plank wing

Though some of the large helicopter operators I know do use aptitude tests.

So I am happy to answer any questions people might have on aptitude /psychometric or psych profiles etc.
Quite a small area (and a bit of a weird one !) but can be pretty important in the job hunt.

So please fire away.

JRyan PATS

NB: Mods: apologies if I was not meant to do this , not trying to get an free add , I just know the area
has been discussed on here before & further information can hopefully be helpful
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: PATS - Pilot Aptitude Training Systems

Postby Evil Twin » Fri Nov 6 2015, 12:39

Really? Come off it mate. Pretty shameless plug if you ask me. Nobody is that naive.

Pats hasn't been discussed on here for a very long time. With the offshore slowdown I suspect business is a tad slow too. Why not pay for advertising like everyone else does? Or perhaps diversify.
choppermech1986
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby choppermech1986 » Fri Nov 6 2015, 13:44

I appreciate you coming on and offering your time to answer questions. Knowing very little about the tests, I have three questions of my own.

1. What are a few of the common mistakes that people make when they take the aptitude test?
2. What are some ways that you are able to improve your PATS results?
3. Do certain operators tend to favour certain personalities or is there a personality type that all HR departments want to see?

Thanks!
Wallaby

Postby Wallaby » Sat Nov 7 2015, 00:21

Gday,
I am a current student pilot and will do anything to increase my employability. I will PM for more details, but interested in thoughts comments from the more experienced...
Student :shock:
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Sat Nov 7 2015, 01:58

Wallaby, PATS is purely to help candidates prep for Military, Qantas etc entrance exams. It won't help you at all with a civilian helicopter career at all.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Wallaby

Postby Wallaby » Sat Nov 7 2015, 03:26

awesome, thanks mate....a few more bucks saved
Student :shock:

Return to “General Employment Questions”