Grade 3 instructor rating

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
ChicoCheco
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Grade 3 instructor rating

Postby ChicoCheco » Wed Nov 5 2014, 11:10

I don't mean just 'gimme', Frog. Rather, something useful to aim for while doing the relevant Australia specific ratings. It'd make it easier for Gr3 later, the NVFR for Gr2/Gr1 later.

I'm fiddling with European stuff now (wouldn't, if it wasn't for all the great/silly stuff, tried to 'skip' it going between US and Oz) since it's been too much cost/hassle to convert CPL/FI earlier in my case. I also instructed night VFR in R22, albeit less/no basic instrument at night, but done some basic heli instrument training, fixed wing IFR rated and instructed daytime initial and commercial maneuvres. Don't people get FI rating recognised by shuffling paperwork, from NZ to Oz? The other way one needs sling training/PIC for both CPL and FI as well as some mountain time/training. Not really the other way and even the LL doesn't need done going from NZ having commercial.

I'm just trying to work out what to do between January and March/April, besides ideally getting commercial done. NVFR will need the PPL/CPL converted/issued, same as low level. Will require ASIC stuff ahead of being job-ready, but same with medicals. Why not work on the training endorsement while getting these? It's mainly Australia specific, so while all training's good, some spending's less needed for other stuff/overall benefit.
If I don't get anymore specific FI training and can't do Gr3 proficiency based short course/tailored till the awkward transition/backlog of paperwork sorted, then I'm stuck.

I can wait with the actual Gr3 till after Aug/Oct I guess, if things get better by then, that's almost 2 years delay for myself. Timing's everything, hindsight 20/20, reading unexpected future - priceless :x Just don't want to waste time expecting things clear/clarified/de-fuddled on the licencing front or trying to save few bob on GST exempt training. Otherwise I'd be done year ago in Perth/HW.

I don't have teaching degree or Oz Cert IV, just Yankee (C)FI so far, so guess PMI needed. Should be written test by now, extra baksheesh to ASL needed. If it's actually been put in place as advertised.

Thanks again, CY. in between ATPL(H)/IR helicopter performance, PoF, flight planning exams in Prague. Will check the links later.

Return to “Flight Training”