Passed first exam, chasing book for next unit

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Gasket18
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Passed first exam, chasing book for next unit

Postby Gasket18 » Thu Jan 23 2020, 11:48

Well hey all, it's been a while. Just thought I'd drop by and say I finally passed my first exam, Meteorology. Sadly took 2 goes, I think I failed the first time with the way the questions where worded. It's so annoying they don't do like any other organisation or learning centre, and actually mark your exam and give it back so you can see where and how exactly you went wrong. anyway I got it and moving on. I'm now thinking of doing Human Factors does anybody have a copy of Human Being Pilot - Human Factors for Aviation Professionals" by David Robson that they would care to sell? I've also heard this might be worth a look Safety Behaviours: Human Factors for Pilots resource kit, tho possibly not available anymore. Cheers all
Mick Cullen
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Passed first exam, chasing book for next unit

Postby Mick Cullen » Fri Jan 24 2020, 07:39

Hey congrats!

Safety Behaviours Kit it now all online:
https://www.casa.gov.au/safety-manageme ... nd-edition
Not a bad effort by CASA all in all but I haven't checked that it maps to the MOS.

Fly! by Richard de Crespigny (Captain of Qantas A380 that had all kinds of issues) is one I've only just read and while not a textbook is one of the best HF books I've read in a while. It covers a bit of ground including leadership.
https://www.penguin.com.au/books/fly-9780670078738

Good luck with the next exam.
Gasket18
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Passed first exam, chasing book for next unit

Postby Gasket18 » Mon Feb 3 2020, 21:29

Hey cheers for the replies guys. I was actually having probs at the start, as I had to renew my Online Aviation Theory subscription and it caused some sort of error with my laptop and wont run. They are trying to figure out what's happened. Luckily I remembered you can use it on all devices, so I downloaded the ap to my phone and I'm reading it on there, so I'm back studying again. Went to the pilot shop near me to get the Human Factors book, it was the only 1 they where out of and waiting their new shipment. I found a whole heap of CASA videos on you tube which I'm watching. And right now after seeing your replies I clicked n the casa 1 Mick posted and I'm watching the first video on there. I've been trying to work out what order to do my exams so thanks for that. Some people said I should do , I gk next as I'm quite mechanical. But seeing as I've done met already , I'll do law after I pass my HF exam. Hopefully first attempt this time. I had started reading the LAW book whilst trying to sort out my OAT subscription. Cheers again for the input guys.

Return to “Flight Training”