Airwork helicopters

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
flyhuey
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Airwork helicopters

Postby flyhuey » Wed Jan 16 2019, 10:05

Helicops05 wrote:
Removed - as pointed out below.

Be careful about defamation. We live in hyper-sensitive times and becoming as litigious as 'merica.

Good on you for saying what you think. You won't win many friends. Ask me how I know. I am a tell-it-like-it-is kind of guy. Say/write what you can back up with evidence, witness statements, can be proved, in court. Otherwise, probably best not to say/write something that could come back to bite you, especially on helicopter "Celebrity News and Gossip".

If you are an employee and feel strongly take it to the Fair Work Ombudsman, or Fair Work Australia, but you will not get much fairness or sympathy. Too many exceptions and exemptions the David has no chance standing up to Goliath. We live in an anti-labour/anti-employee jobs, growth, investment and all for the big end of town environment. If you are a member of a union, like AFAP, get their advice. Go to CASA. Go to ATSB. If you are a former employee, most folks will merely think you have an axe to grind, regardless how righteous you are, truth be known. All Pilots should be unionised to protect themselves from shonky operators and cheats.

I am still owed 8 weeks pay and all superannuation, ACCORDING TO A SIGNED CONTRACT, by my previous employer.

Best to just put it behind you. Ten years from now, as you have made real progress, in your career, you won't even remember the employer or the issues, that is just how insignificant bad employers are, though they may behave like a slave-driving King, during your employ. Just do not do anything to compromise your professionalism or risk a violation or an accident. Protect your licence, at all costs, even if you have to just walk off the job. That is the safer option. Don't live with the day-to-day stress of having to make a choice between being a "team player" or fully complying with the Aviation Regulations, flying within your limitaions and the aircraft's limitations. The choice was always easy for me. I would just tell 'em to get fvcked and walk off. Pilots end up dead for a reason.
BrendanBirse

Re: Airwork helicopters

Postby BrendanBirse » Tue Jan 29 2019, 21:49

I also completed my CPL there at Airwork last year. Got through my theory no worries with a good teacher and the flying was great with good instructors. I had a lot of fun and enjoyed cold beers with everyone there.
Weight is no issue. You can do all or some of your training and Flight Test in the B47 if need be.

I did my R44 endorsement with Air T & G Ballina and they were awesome.
Also one of my instructors is now at Flight Training Adelaide so I would recommend them as well.

Return to “Flight Training”