Operations Performance & Planning CFPH material

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
skyjynx80
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Operations Performance & Planning CFPH material

Postby skyjynx80 » Sat Jan 19 2019, 08:43

Hi Jimiemick,

Thanks for sharing.

Curious if you used the conversion amounts in the ersa fuel conversion tables or slighly different figues. I am seeing some discepancy between theory providers.
Mungas
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Mungas » Sun Jan 20 2019, 01:23

RePLCPLH wrote:Word is the exam has recently been revised to 'simplify the question wording' however the volume of questions and time allowed remains the same. Since the latest revision, one person achieved 80% so that's two people in total Australia-wide to have passed this exam since the new fuel rules were introduced in November 2018. Feel free to PM me if I can assist with any tutoring.

Not sure where you’re getting that info from but I know first hand that isn’t right. There has been more than that to pass since the change.
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Sun Jan 20 2019, 01:33

Mungas wrote:
RePLCPLH wrote:Word is the exam has recently been revised to 'simplify the question wording' however the volume of questions and time allowed remains the same. Since the latest revision, one person achieved 80% so that's two people in total Australia-wide to have passed this exam since the new fuel rules were introduced in November 2018. Feel free to PM me if I can assist with any tutoring.

Not sure where you’re getting that info from but I know first hand that isn’t right. There has been more than that to pass since the change.

Email from CASA only last week but I've just received a PM stating more people have passed since the questions were 're-worded'. Assuming they got through last week but either way, it's good news.
VBlade
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby VBlade » Sun Jan 20 2019, 01:51

Great news!, the wording changes must of taken some of the ambiguity out of the questions, or even minimised the calcs required.
:D :D
Mungas
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Mungas » Sun Jan 20 2019, 02:00

Email from CASA only last week but I've just received a PM stating more people have passed since the questions were 're-worded'. Assuming they got through last week but either way, it's good news.[/quote]

Are you an instructor and operate a theory school or something RepLcph?
Just wondering why Casa would be emailing you and advising this info to someone. Doesnt seem something they would openly share. Be great if they did, hopefully they amend the australia wide pass rates on their website to reflect the low pass rates.

But yeah, there has been more than 2.
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Sun Jan 20 2019, 02:26

Last I checked, this wasn't a game of 'who the f*ck are you'. As for what the man responsible for exams at CASA openly shares, feel free to pick up the phone or send him an email. He doesn't bite.
Mungas
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Mungas » Sun Jan 20 2019, 03:02

Geeeeeeeez, you cleary have a bit of an attitude problem champ. Was simply asking a question, wow!

Unbeleivable how aggressive and sensitive some people are on the keyboard, a bit of fresh air will do you some good.

Casa may not bite but you clearly do :shock:
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Sun Jan 20 2019, 03:11

Mungas wrote:Geeeeeeeez, you cleary have a bit of an attitude problem champ. Was simply asking a question, wow!

Unbeleivable how aggressive and sensitive some people are on the keyboard, a bit of fresh air will do you some good.

Casa may not bite but you clearly do :shock:

Maybe I'm from a different generation, but I learned that if you lead with your chin, you shouldn't be surprised when someone gives you an uppercut.
Mungas
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Mungas » Sun Jan 20 2019, 06:14

Maybe I'm from a different generation, but I learned that if you lead with your chin, you shouldn't be surprised when someone gives you an uppercut.[/quote]

Is that what you call it when someone is asking a question is it? Clear behaviour of someone whose anxiety/self-esteem issues tend to make every conversation into a battle.

What a horrible cockpit environment it would be flying with you champ. Oc:=
Attitudes like that usually received a good kick up the backside in my time as a youth.
Now I just shake my head in disgust.
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Sun Jan 20 2019, 12:35

Mungas wrote:Maybe I'm from a different generation, but I learned that if you lead with your chin, you shouldn't be surprised when someone gives you an uppercut.

Is that what you call it when someone is asking a question is it? Clear behaviour of someone whose anxiety/self-esteem issues tend to make every conversation into a battle.

What a horrible cockpit environment it would be flying with you champ. Oc:=
Attitudes like that usually received a good kick up the backside in my time as a youth.
Now I just shake my head in disgust.[/quote]

Listen up d*ickhead because this is the last correspondence you and I will ever have.

1. You and I will never be in the same cockpit so best not to concern yourself with those details;

2. You qualified as a pilot what- 12 months ago and needed this forum to figure out which headset to buy?;

3. You didn't 'ask a question' as you claim. Instead of sending a PM, you used a very p*ss-weak level of passive aggression to say a few things in a public forum: 'Who the f*ck are you?' and 'I don't believe you would know anything about a CASA email';

4. Despite the 'anonymous' looking usernames on this forum, in a world as small as aviation, everyone knows exactly who you are. That's the very reason that I treat this forum like a pub. If you ever walked up to me in a pub and said: 'Mate- I think you are full of sh*t and know nothing about CASA exams, I'd simply smile and ask if you wanted to have a chat outside;

5. No one needs a degree in psychology or behavioural science to know that the sort of d*s#!t that plays the 'you clearly have anxiety/self-esteem issues' is no different to the turd that constantly accuses his missus of cheating while he's rooting around, or is massively homophobic while stuck in the closet;

6. Feel free to review my previous posts and you'll note that I'm a fairly positive and helpful kinda guy unless you make a definite effort to p*iss in my chips. That was your call- not mine.
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Sun Feb 24 2019, 13:46

I haven't met too many teachers that do it for the money. Was away this week teaching back in Europe so was happy to get an email from one of my Aussie students that he passed the CFPH exam third time around with 88%. Nice work @Leby27
Attachments
14c0f057abec6dabfc5be48cbbd0d904fef889a8781eee667984089207daf998.jpg
Friendly Black Dog
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby Friendly Black Dog » Sun Feb 24 2019, 23:38

pop; pop; pop;
Mongrel Dog
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby Mongrel Dog » Sun Feb 24 2019, 23:46

RePLCPLH wrote:.........this wasn't a game of 'who the f*ck are you'

“For I am Vader, Lord Vader, Darth Vader. I can kill you with a single thought......”
“No no the food is hot you’ll need a tray to put the food on....”
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Mon Feb 25 2019, 01:01

Be careful you’re not killed with a tray....you never know who you’re dealing with on slapper these days.

https://youtu.be/Sv5iEK-IEzw
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Mon Feb 25 2019, 02:52

Mongrel Dog wrote:
RePLCPLH wrote:.........this wasn't a game of 'who the f*ck are you'

“For I am Vader, Lord Vader, Darth Vader. I can kill you with a single thought......”
“No no the food is hot you’ll need a tray to put the food on....”

Are you Jeff vader? Can I have your autograph?
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Mon Feb 25 2019, 03:26

Looks like this forum has attracted another one of those "I am superior to everybody else" posters.

With any luck, he will go away like the others did. Shame, he was off to a promising start until he dropped his pants to start comparing wobbly bits.
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Mon Feb 25 2019, 08:03

Eric Hunt wrote:Looks like this forum has attracted another one of those "I am superior to everybody else" posters.

With any luck, he will go away like the others did. Shame, he was off to a promising start until he dropped his pants to start comparing wobbly bits.

Like anyone else, you're entitled to your opinion Eric, but in this case, you might want to review the previous posts on this thread. Teaching aviation theory is something I happen to be good at and I've helped two guys pass exams only this week. Both had two fails on the board courtesy of the style of 'learning' their flight schools were pushing and if they'd failed again they'd have had a 90-day lock-out. Instead, both are progressing to jobs straight after their flight test.

I don't profess to know anything about what your area of expertise is, but I'd be willing to bet that if anyone on this forum or elsewhere openly said to you: "You're full of sh*t and wouldn't know anything about CASA exams- or phone and email correspondence with the guy that writes them", I dare say you'd have responded with a progression of responses fairly similar to mine (which started out with a tongue in cheek reference to an Eddie Izzard sketch that plenty of guys obviously knew).

With my last post, you've instead jumped straight for the "this guy clearly thinks he's superior to everyone else" angle. In that case, I can only suggest you think about whatever buttons I pushed that prompted you to wade in.
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Mon Feb 25 2019, 10:22

Using this sort of language is not particularly professional:

Last I checked, this wasn't a game of 'who the f*ck are you'.

Listen up d*ickhead

you used a very p*ss-weak level of passive aggression

the sort of d*s#!t that plays the 'you clearly have anxiety/self-esteem issues' is no different to the turd

you make a definite effort to p*iss in my chips.

Apparently you consider yourself to be a helpful sort of dude, but it seems it doesn't take much for you to threaten to fight somebody in a bar.

Let's just see how long you last on this forum.
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Mon Feb 25 2019, 14:48

Actually if you'd bothered to read my posts, you'd see I'm more than helpful. As for getting into fights, it's all there in black and white in my initial response: Call me a liar and I'll simply invite you outside to chat about it. That's no different in a pub to what it is on a forum. Send someone a DM instead of acting like a clown in public and you might just get some clarification with a certain level of politeness. As for contacting the mods, good for you. Just remember your post history shows a pretty clear pattern that it's usually you that wades in where you're not involved, starts something, and then needs someone else to finish your problems for you. Enjoy your retirement.
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Mon Feb 25 2019, 18:41

Whatever you reckon, Jeff.

Return to “Flight Training”