Newbie in Adelaide - Schweizer 300 vs R 44?

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Cockroach
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Newbie in Adelaide - Schweizer 300 vs R 44?

Postby Cockroach » Sun Dec 23 2018, 05:31

These rules do not effect me, so I might check out here. If they effect you, you should read them, they have changed. Sounds like some schools have some reading too do as well.
Cockroach
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Cockroach » Sun Dec 23 2018, 05:45

CASR 61.615 para 1B

CAR 5 is dead and berried

Couldn't help myself.
RePLCPLH
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RePLCPLH » Sun Dec 23 2018, 05:58

One of the schools you’re talking about is run by a guy that examines CASA staff. Fairly sure they know what they’re talking about and are on top of developments. As for what is ‘dead’- keep digging and you might come across some extensions to various documents...
Cockroach
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Cockroach » Sun Dec 23 2018, 06:29

It would be no poor indictment on any school to let some rule changes slip through. Often you can speak to three different CASA FOIs and get different guidance each time on the same question.

Different schools alll have factors at play that can effect their own syllabus; however there is no longer a regulatory requirement for your 3 rules.

Like I said the rules can be hard to keep up with, so I would not bee surprised if you came up with another document to prove me wrong, but I don't think so.
jandakotflyer
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby jandakotflyer » Sun Dec 30 2018, 07:44

Have a look at Part 61 Manual of Standards (MOS) Schedule 9. This Schedule describes the additional requirements that apply to the 105 hour course that all Part 141 Flight Schools need to adhere to (as described earlier by RePLCPLH).
RotorBez
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RotorBez » Sun Dec 30 2018, 11:13

Cockroach wrote:It would be no poor indictment on any school to let some rule changes slip through. Often you can speak to three different CASA FOIs and get different guidance each time on the same question.

Different schools alll have factors at play that can effect their own syllabus; however there is no longer a regulatory requirement for your 3 rules.

Like I said the rules can be hard to keep up with, so I would not bee surprised if you came up with another document to prove me wrong, but I don't think so.

Cockroach,

Posting this to save you some time in looking for the information, not being a dickhead - this has tripped me up on a couple of occasions because as usual our regulator makes things as clear as mud!

Schedule 9 CPL(H) training for paragraph 61.615 (1B) (b) (non-integrated training courses)
1 For paragraph 61.615 (1B) (b), the minimum requirements for an applicant for the CPL(H) who has not completed an integrated training course are as follows:
(a) at least 105 hours of flight training must be completed in no more than 2 types or models of helicopter;
(b) for paragraph (a):
(i) the first 15 hours must be completed in 1 of the types or models of helicopter mentioned in paragraph (a);
(ii) at least 20 hours must be completed in each type or model of helicopter mentioned in paragraph (a);
(iii) at least 40 hours must be completed as dual flight training in any of the types or models of helicopter mentioned in paragraph (a);
(iv) at least 25 hours must be completed as pilot in command (but not as cross-country flight time) in any of the types or models of helicopter mentioned in paragraph (a);
(v) the final 30 hours of flight training actually undertaken must be completed within the 3 months immediately before the flight test.

I hope this helps.

Return to “Flight Training”