Touchdown Helicopters Pilot Training in Wollongong

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Touchdown Helicopters
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Touchdown Helicopters Pilot Training in Wollongong

Postby Touchdown Helicopters » Fri Sep 28 2018, 01:00

For those of you considering obtaining your initial pilots license and for those already established in the industry but wanting to gain advanced ratings or endorsements, I thought I'd post here to let you know that Touchdown Helicopters also offers pilot training amongst our many other service offerings.

Those of you who have been in the industry for a while will be familiar with the name Peter Holstein and his company Aerowasp Helicopters. Aerowasp Helicopters was originally established in 1992 to provide Helicopter Pilot Training to the greater Illawarra Region and surrounding areas. Back in 2006, Peter moved Aerowasp Helicopters to Camden Aerodrome, but in 2016 Touchdown Helicopters acquired Aerowasp Helicopters to bring helicopter training back to Wollongong Airport.

Peter Holstein has been with Touchdown for two years since this acquisition and is now both our Chief Flying Instructor and Chief Pilot. Peter has amassed over 13,000 flying hours in his career, and is a rated flight instructor in both helicopters and fixed wing aircraft. Peter is a Civil Aviation Safety Authority CFI Approved Testing Officer and will personally conduct all flight tests up to and including the Commercial Licence Category and NVFR Ratings and Instructor Ratings. Peter is also a Conducting Officer for Aviation Theory Examinations meaning that all your examinations, excluding the Commercial Licence subjects, will be conducted in-house at the school. Peters immense aviation knowledge and experience makes him an invaluable resource for pilots considering advancing their skills and qualifications.

As well as rotary PPL and CPL courses we also offer helicopter type endorsements, Instructor Ratings, Night VFR rating, Sling Ratings, Instructor Training Endorsements etc etc . And if you can't get to us, then we can come to you.

If you can come to us then we can make your stay very comfortable, providing you with both briefing and study facilities as well somewhere to rest your head at the end of the day. Touchdown Helicopters has modern comfortable accommodation available onsite while you are training. Our facilities here include bedroom and bathroom, 'food prep area' and lounge room with TV. We are also connected to the NBN at 50mbps for all your network connectivity requirements (Netflix as well as Bladeslapper). A home away from home!

If you would like help getting through your aviation theory we also have a ground school available, offering either full PPL and CPL theory courses or else customised support to get you through some of the theory components which are a bit more of a struggle than the others.

If there is any aspect of pilot training you are considering feel free to contact us. Peter is always available to offer advice and training solutions for your every requirement.

Contact us by phone - 0242 577612
Contact us by email - pilottraining@touchdownhelicopters.com.au
Last edited by Touchdown Helicopters on Fri Sep 28 2018, 05:34, edited 3 times in total.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: Touchdown Helicopters Pilot Training in Wollongong

Postby skypig » Fri Sep 28 2018, 02:15

“.....Our facilities here include bedroom and bathroom, kitten and lounge room with TV. We are also connected to the NBN at 50mbps for all your network connectivity requirements (Netflix as well as Bladeslapper). A home away from home!”

I must say supplying a kitten is a nice point of difference. :lol:
Touchdown Helicopters
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Touchdown Helicopters » Fri Sep 28 2018, 03:51

skypig wrote:“.....Our facilities here include bedroom and bathroom, kitten and lounge room with TV. We are also connected to the NBN at 50mbps for all your network connectivity requirements (Netflix as well as Bladeslapper). A home away from home!”

skypig wrote:“.....Our facilities here include bedroom and bathroom, kitten and lounge room with TV. We are also connected to the NBN at 50mbps for all your network connectivity requirements (Netflix as well as Bladeslapper). A home away from home!”

God knows how many times I proof read that.... Obviously not enough !!
Looks like we're gonna have to get a kitten.
Biggles
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Biggles » Fri Sep 28 2018, 07:23

Brett really wants you to feel at home by the sounds of things.......
arrrj
2nd Dan
2nd Dan

Postby arrrj » Fri Sep 28 2018, 08:06

Those with a good memory for trivia...like me...will remember we had a "kitten" offered in another advert for a job / flight school a few years ago.

It is obviously what is now required to attract young students !

:D
Jackson

Postby Jackson » Fri Sep 28 2018, 10:15

I’d just like to put my 10 cents worth in. Recently got a NVFR rating with Peter at Touchdown. I was very happy with the training, in my opinion, Peter goes above and beyond to prepare you for what is required as opposed to just the basics so you are ready for a test flight. The training that was delivered was very holistic, I definitely left a more knowledgeable pilot than the one that arrived, night flying aside. I also enjoyed that the theory side of things wasn’t glossed over. Upon using my training I let Peter know how I went and he asked me how he could improve his training now I had used it without him in the other seat, to me this speaks highly of his character and his drive to improve impressed me considering his position within the industry. His knowledge base, enthusiasm and dedication for teaching was infectious and definitely has me considering an instructor rating. I honestly couldn’t recommend Peter, Brett and the team more highly.
FerrariFlyer
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby FerrariFlyer » Fri Sep 28 2018, 21:06

Everyone likes a flying school with a kitten....I mean kit-chen...what the hell is happening! Let's just go with 'food prep area'.

Someone is playing games with us all. Seems the word kit-chen is replaced with kitten automatically.

Nicely written advertisement by the way 8)
Niko
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Niko » Sat Sep 29 2018, 02:23

He better look like this, or refunds are in order :wink:
Icefather
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Icefather » Sat Sep 29 2018, 03:20

Or proof of life before handing over the C-Ash
County
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby County » Mon Oct 1 2018, 05:09

What theory options do you have ?
SierraNovemberTango

Postby SierraNovemberTango » Mon Oct 1 2018, 06:01

My experience with Peter was brief but very positive. Learned a lot from him, and to restate the point someone made above he really does present a more holistic attitude towards flight training which improved me as a pilot in ways outside the scope of the training that was going on.

Return to “Flight Training”