Strugggggling exams

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Jsmithy89
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Strugggggling exams

Postby Jsmithy89 » Wed Aug 8 2018, 07:23

Gday fellas just thought I’d throw a post out there and ask for a bit of advice started my training back in March got about 25 hours up in the chopper and killing it loving it and picking the flying up really quick. sat first exam a couple of months ago failed twice headed up north for a bit more training but I can’t seem to get my head around it any tips on getting through it getting worried it’s going to be to tough for me to get through as I ain’t the best in the theory part of it and struggle to take things in cheers for any advice fellas
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: Strugggggling exams

Postby Evil Twin » Wed Aug 8 2018, 07:40

First thing mate is don't beat yourself up and grab those KDR's to see what went wrong. Most of the CASA exams are written to test your english language knowledge as opposed to your subject knowledge. If you can drop into a flight school nearby it's worth dropping a $50 or so to get some professional guidance. If all else fails FTFQ (Read The FULL Question)and then read it again to make sure you understood what they were asking.
Biggles
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Biggles » Wed Aug 8 2018, 09:02

Get ya exams done before you throw any more cash at the flying.............
Pitchpull
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Pitchpull » Wed Aug 8 2018, 09:08

Biggles wrote:Get ya exams done before you throw any more cash at the flying.............

Absolutely! This was the way I did it as I too am not an academic. What are you using as a study resource?

PM sent.
Sadflute
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Sadflute » Wed Aug 8 2018, 10:17

Mate go to AFT spend the money if you can’t study by yourself the classes and tutors will help anyone of any intelligence get through. CASA exams don’t test intelligence but rather memory recall.
skypig
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby skypig » Thu Aug 9 2018, 00:15

Unfortunately the CASA exams are a sad joke.
There are several ways to learn the punchline.

As mentioned above, professional training is recommended if self study isn’t working. (Those guys have heard the jokes so often all humor is gone, but they know the answers.)
The next step is personal tuition. A lot of people have used this technique for putting the exams behind them.
https://www.facebook.com/Whirlydynamics ... 782670092/

Return to “Flight Training”