Roger Connellan Award supporting pilots in Outback Australia

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Desert Duster

Roger Connellan Award supporting pilots in Outback Australia

Postby Desert Duster » Mon Jul 24 2017, 04:50

Some information about a new award for pilots in Outback Australia, applications close on the 15th August this year.

On behalf of the Connellan Airways Trust, I would like to present the perpetual Roger Connellan Award, supporting aviation development in Outback Australia. The award will grant up to $20,000 to the successful applicant to further develop their flying skills after initial licensing.

The award is open to professional and non professional pilots who have completed their initial CASA recognised licensing i.e PPL or CPL in fixed wing, rotary, RPAS, etc. This includes pilots who operate under an approved body such as RAAUS, GFA.

The intention of the award is to promote pilots operating in remote parts of Australia, particularly those who may not have access to the development and supervision offered in a commercial environment to further develop their skills after achieving their initial license.

A full list of conditions and the objectives of the Connellan airways trust can be found on our website: http://www.connellanairwaystrust.org.au

Potential candidates should familiarise themselves with the Award's conditions and objectives of the trust to ensure their application is accepted.

If you would like any further information about the award please don't hesitate to contact myself or the Trust's Executive Officer through our website

Kind regards,

Edward Connellan
Director
Connellan Airways Trust

Mobile: 0400 707 919
Free Call: 1800 733 810
Postal: PO Box 749 Williamstown SA 5351
Email: edwardconnellan@hotmail.com
ozloadie
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Roger Connellan Award supporting pilots in Outback Australia

Postby ozloadie » Mon Jul 24 2017, 11:45

There's a well established livery from the outback!
Special moments when history opens a gate for the future.
Noble gesture in tight times, and one that aligns with the fact that Australia was opened up and linked all over by air, fixed and rotary winged.
Good on you Connellan.
Keep it flying, don't quit!
havick
4th Dan
4th Dan

Postby havick » Mon Jul 24 2017, 18:55

Wow, that's very generous of you. Great to see someone well and truly paying it forward.
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."
Desert Duster

Postby Desert Duster » Fri Aug 11 2017, 00:41

Hi All,

Only a couple of days left to get your applications in. Closing on the 15th August.

Cheers,

Edward

Return to “Flight Training”