Helicopter to Complete Training In

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Bgnick42

Helicopter to Complete Training In

Postby Bgnick42 » Wed Jun 7 2017, 23:53

I posted on here a while back about getting an R44 endorsement once I finish my CPL training.

My current training if I complete where I am can only use a Schweizer 300cbi, which not too many people use. As I am using the government loan I don't have a great selection of places I can go to, but I have recently found one in North Queensland which would mean driving 2600 km's (I'm not fussed about the travel I just want to make sure it's the right decision).

If I go ahead with this it means the rest of my training, about 50 hrs will be completed on an R22, then I can do an endorsement in the R44 once my CPL is completed.

Do you think this would be better? I would like to try step straight into work in the industry once my training is complete (I know I won't be flying straight away).

Thanks
Nick
helislapperuser

Re: Helicopter to Complete Training In

Postby helislapperuser » Thu Jun 8 2017, 04:20

Nick,

If you are in the vet fee help program.
Townsville Helicopters offer R22 and R44 Training, Unless your planning on mustering R44 really is the base standard to get a job.
Townsville Helicopters now offer the vet fee help program also.

https://www.townsvillehelicopters.com.a ... -training/

Good Luck.
Bgnick42

Postby Bgnick42 » Tue Jun 13 2017, 00:42

Thanks for that, I have been in contact with them and just waiting to hear back if its possible.

Thanks
Nick
Heli76

Postby Heli76 » Fri Jun 16 2017, 05:26

Try Airwork Helicopters at Caboolture. I think they are using the Government funding program as well. Airwork.com.au
Cheers,
Col.

Return to “Flight Training”