Sole instructors

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
jab160
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Sole instructors

Postby jab160 » Sat Jan 28 2017, 04:50

Is there access to PPLH instruction with a non company instructor. My machine, my fuel etc. Have asked flight schools they say yes they'd do it but around $300 hr, hence me looking for alternative method, but if i have to go the $300 then so be it. Was hoping solo instructor might be interested in around $100......150 hr.
Niko
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: Sole instructors

Postby Niko » Sat Jan 28 2017, 06:10

Assuming you're in Australia, Unfortunately you can not hire an instructor like this.

These topics in Aviation seldom succumb to simplicity, but in a nutshell an Instructor must be bound to a 141/142 Operator when conducting training. The only way, say myself or someone else on here, is able to offer their instructing services, is by being tied to a flight school. If you want that training to be 'remote' (aka from your property etc...) then that must also be approved by the Ops Manual (and even then its a bit more complicated than that)

Without knowing the specifics of your situation and your specific requirements [if any] the quoted prices are above average
jab160
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby jab160 » Sat Jan 28 2017, 06:36

Thanks Niko......yes northern australia, local town has strip hangerage etc. License is only for recreational use nothing else.
If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time
RotorBez
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby RotorBez » Sat Jan 28 2017, 08:11

Jab160,

I can tell you now that our charge for instruction in your own machine is considerably less than that figure you have been quoted. The biggest challenge however is as Nico pointed out - training beyond your registered training area isn't easy.

We are located North of Brisbane. If you are wanting more information send me a PM and I will help further where I can.

RB

Return to “Flight Training”