AIRLAW Exam

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
adamb
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

AIRLAW Exam

Postby adamb » Sun Aug 7 2016, 02:09

Hi folks

I'm about to sit the airlaw exam next week for CPL-H and looking at the Part 61 MoS Syllabus.

I'm wondering has anyone got a matrix or mapping document that cross references each part of the syllabus to the relevant sections of the CAR, CASR, CAO, AIP, ERSA?

I have an extract from Bib Tait but it appears to be missing a couple of sections, one being regarding log books.

I am dreading carrying in 5 folders for one 90min exam.

Anyone that has any tips please feel free to let me know.

I'm doing CPL-H but understand that the Airlaw covers both.

Adam
HELO1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: AIRLAW Exam

Postby HELO1 » Sun Aug 7 2016, 02:22

Gday Adam,

I sat my CPL(H) exam a few weeks ago, I had the same panic that I had to take a whole heap of folders in, but if you check the permitted materials you will only need CASR part 61 only, the CAR's, CAO's, AIP and ERSA. I found I could squeeze part 61 into the back of my CAR folder, then all the others are quite small. The questions relating to the CAO's give you the actual reference point to look at, where as the others you need to find yourself. As with all CASA exams they word their questions in a funny way to keep you on your toes so some questions take a bit more looking into than others.

I'm not sure about a matrix, there may be one out there, this exam is very highly based on your ability to know where to look and reference the sections of documents.

Hope this helped answer at least some of the questions you have about the exam.

As with all the exams, just take your time, don't rush and think it through. You'll be alright, good luck for it mate.

HELO1
HELO1
adamb
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby adamb » Sun Aug 7 2016, 02:45

Hi mate

I have Part 61, but note 5 volumes in the CAR.....any tips if i can ditch any of them?

you can get me at adamb at abe-group dot com for ease

Adam
Chopper Guy
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Chopper Guy » Tue Aug 16 2016, 05:07

Hello Helo1

I'm due to sit law as my next exam... Is there much in the exam straight out of part 61 ?

I'm using the Ron Newman course which is great, but I haven't had any content specifically point to part 61...

Thanks
HELO1
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby HELO1 » Tue Aug 16 2016, 07:03

I do remember a few questions relating to part 61 which is merely flight crew licensing. I would definitely anticipate a few questions relating to it.

As with all the exams, expect anything and everything that they could throw at you from any of the permissible materials.

HELO1
HELO1

Return to “Flight Training”