ATLP LAW

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
fattony77
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

ATLP LAW

Postby fattony77 » Wed Nov 18 2015, 09:17

Has anyone sat the ATPL Law exam in recent months? I am having a go at it in the coming weeks and would like to know if Part 61 questions are included? For that matter what areas are focused on in the exam? Any advice welcome......cheers
SpecialGray
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Re: ATLP LAW

Postby SpecialGray » Wed Nov 18 2015, 10:54

I haven't done the ATPL, but the CPL did have P61 bits including the new duty time regs. I was told to study for and expect both old and new (until the old is removed, CASA want to see if you can understand and use both it seems) and had both in the exam, so I wouldn't be surprised if the ATPL was the same.
While many enjoy activities where they challenge themselves to their physical limit, I prefer to do the same thing with my mind. That’s why I go on BladeSlapper, to be around other people who also enjoy being mentally challenged.
dwnwind
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby dwnwind » Sat Nov 21 2015, 22:03

I Have sat ATPL law under part 61,

I used old study material and was blind-sided by the new flight and duty time regs.

I passed how ever make sure you know about FDP's, crew rest periods, traveling east/west sleep credits ect.
Its a s#!t section, but they will ask you about different types of aircraft and multi crew situations.
fattony77
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby fattony77 » Sun Nov 22 2015, 06:50

Cheers for the heads up, will make sure I do check out those new sections.

Return to “Flight Training”