Cross Post - AFT Textbooks

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Longrass
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Cross Post - AFT Textbooks

Postby Longrass » Wed Aug 26 2015, 00:23

Morning Gentlemen,

I have in my hot little hand a pile of AFT text books that I no longer require.

They are in Excellent condition, with no markings, highlights or scribbles. They have naturally been read, however they are in "as new" condition.

CPL(H) Flight Rules and Air Law Distance Learning Course - Retails $275

CPL(H) Aircraft General Knowledge Distance Learning Course - Retails $205

CPL(H) Aerodynamics Distance Learning Course - Retails $295

CPL(H) Operations, Performance and Planning Distance Learning Course - Retails $505

CPL (A + H) Human Factors Distance Learning Course - $145

Total Retail - $1425

Sell - $700

If picked up locally in Darwin, I will supply the CAO's, CAR's, CASR's, Charts and ERSA that are still current, for the purpose of the Law Exam.

Any questions, please PM me or call 0413 727 133

Cheers!
Saucepan
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Re: Cross Post - AFT Textbooks

Postby Saucepan » Wed Aug 26 2015, 00:42

.....and ladies?

Hey Longrass, 700 bucks is 700bucks, I get that. But just have a little think as you embark upon your professional career. If you fail your first interview because you'd forgotten how to work out density altitude or can't explain flapback, or Class C procedures, how much are those books worth then...priceless!

Good luck and remember you never stop learning in this game. :D

Cheers, Saucepan.
Phil Croucher
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Phil Croucher » Wed Aug 26 2015, 15:59

A good point - you may be interested to know that I do a book with pretty much the whole syllabus in for most helicopter licence exams round the world available from here:

www.electrocution.com/aviation/#CPLH

For Australian readers, the EASA version is best, just ignore the law and ops chapters! :) I'm working on an Australian version, but writing yet another law chapter is proving to be harder work than I thought - I need more blood in the coffee stream! All the other stuff is OK, though, having been vetted by a member of the Victoria Police Air Wing. For New Zealanders, the Canadian one would be the nearest - again, just ignore the law chapter for the moment :)

Anyhow, the book is only $59.95 US for the print version - PDF version is also available.

Great if you need a reminder of all the hard work you went through!

phil
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Mon Sep 7 2015, 06:03

Phil Croucher wrote:A good point - you may be interested to know that I do a book with pretty much the whole syllabus in for most helicopter licence exams round the world available from here:

http://www.electrocution.com/aviation/#CPLH

phil

Anybody on here used Phil's book able to provide feedback?
Phil Croucher
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Phil Croucher » Mon Sep 7 2015, 18:27

You can see the testimonials there on the website - but a lot of people here have bought my 206 and 350 books. I can put you in touch with someone in the Victoria Police Air wing who has seen it.

phil
heli2o
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby heli2o » Wed Dec 9 2015, 02:24

Phil Croucher wrote:A good point - you may be interested to know that I do a book with pretty much the whole syllabus in for most helicopter licence exams round the world available from here:

http://www.electrocution.com/aviation/#CPLH

For Australian readers, the EASA version is best, just ignore the law and ops chapters! :) I'm working on an Australian version

phil

Hi Phil,

are you any nearer with Aust version for OP's. Not so worried about the Law chapter.
Phil Croucher
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby Phil Croucher » Mon Dec 21 2015, 19:12

Working on it, in amongst all the other stuff :) Busy writing exam questions at the moment. I'm not actually sure what should be in ops - does it include slinging like the Canadians do? Or is that what everyone else calls performance? if it is, it's probably good to go.

Phil

Return to “Flight Training”