UH60 Simulator

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Longrass
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

UH60 Simulator

Postby Longrass » Sat Feb 15 2020, 10:52

Hey guys, is there currently a certified black hawk sim in aus? If not, is there a calling for one?
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: UH60 Simulator

Postby Evil Twin » Sat Feb 15 2020, 11:01

Aus mil have one in Oakey that they probably won’t have much use for much longer. Not civvy registered though but that’s not insurmountable. Problem would be getting access to it
Twistgrip
4th Dan
4th Dan

Re: UH60 Simulator

Postby Twistgrip » Sat Feb 15 2020, 11:50

I’m sure In years to come the Black Hawk will take the place of the Huey on fires etc albeit restricted.I can’t see a demand for a dedicated commercial sim in Aus at present.

Best goto West Palm Beach at FSI, however they only do S70 & S70i and the last time I was there a few years ago it was for military use only (this may have changed) but I’m sure they would take your $50k for a VFR type rating .

There are a couple Aussie guys that got a type rating with one of the companies operating here this summer I’m sure they could shed some light as to the process they went through.
"You can watch things happen, you can make things happen or you can wonder what happened"

Return to “Flight Training”