theory website

A place to have your say and ask your questions on anything in the Helicopter learning environment.
Gasket18

theory website

Postby Gasket18 » Mon Dec 2 2019, 05:41

Hey all, well I booked in for my first theory exam on 20th Dec. Bit nervous but trying to study hard. I'm using OAT as my theory package had already paid for that before I heard of AFT think I'm going ok. Just came across another site called pilot practice exams .com Anyone used it? If so was it any good with it's questions and help centre. Or is it yet another one of those places simply syphoning your money?
Cheers
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Re: theory website

Postby Evil Twin » Mon Dec 2 2019, 05:47

My daughter has used it. It’s actually pretty good
Fill-level
Gold Wings
Gold Wings

Postby Fill-level » Mon Dec 2 2019, 06:13

If you have paid for the Online Aviation theory , why not use the practise questions , contained within the program ?
Gasket18

Postby Gasket18 » Mon Dec 2 2019, 06:23

Fill-level wrote:If you have paid for the Online Aviation theory , why not use the practise questions , contained within the program ?

I am using them, but like everything getting a wider variety is always good. I can't remember where I came across an old casa question I think someone was asking advice on it, anyway it was worded totally different to the oat ones.
Same with I bought an aviation meteorology book from the pilot shop and the way it was written was totally different to oat and it made things like wind backing, veering and a few other things actually click in better.

I might actually give this site a go then.
Cheers
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Mon Dec 2 2019, 10:22

Just give one subject a go and see how you get on. Everyone has a different way of learning and something that works for you make not work for others. I looked myself and some material isn't Heli-centric, not necessarily a bad thing but as you say the mores the better as long as you find something that works. I have sat one-on-one with an instructor and had them try to teach me something and what they say make absolutely no sense to me. Equally I have had a 2 minute conversation with someone around the same subject and it clicked. Try it all, take what you need but develop an understanding don't just rote learn.
scaarj
Silver Wings
Silver Wings

Postby scaarj » Mon Dec 2 2019, 11:07

I just used OAT. Was great. I went through each subjects practice questions for each topic prior to the exam. Averaged 80-90% on each exam, you should be fine with OAT
Eric Hunt
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Eric Hunt » Mon Dec 2 2019, 23:26

I have sat one-on-one with an instructor and had them try to teach me something and what they say make absolutely no sense to me.

Oh, Evil, I taught you everything I know and still you know nothing...
Evil Twin
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby Evil Twin » Tue Dec 3 2019, 08:01

Eric Hunt wrote:
I have sat one-on-one with an instructor and had them try to teach me something and what they say make absolutely no sense to me.

Oh, Evil, I taught you everything I know and still you know nothing...

Nah Eric, that comment was aimed more towards some of the other blithering idiots we used to work with :D

Return to “Flight Training”